Posted on :
10 Jun, 2016
10 Jun, 2016
Worldreader (www.worldreader.org) is on a mission to bring digital books to every child and her family, so that they can improve their lives through the power of technology. Globally, we are working in 39 countries, in 102 schools and libraries and are reaching a total of 35,000 people on our programs using e-readers, and over 300,000 people using our mobile reading app.
To accomplish our goals, Worldreader has created a worldwide logistics system, to provide literacy training and support, co-publish books with African and US publishers, measure our results obsessively, report on our progress, and raise money and awareness for our mission. We have a worldwide team of 50+ staff and volunteers across seven countries and three continents who have graduated from the world’s best schools, companies, and non-profits and have accomplished the nearly impossible.
An ethos of working hard, having fun and making history inspires our culture, and the team shares a passion for reading and philanthropy.
We aspire to reach millions of children and families worldwide, in our quest to eradicate illiteracy. We believe that by hiring people larger than we are, we will end up with an organization of Giants. And that’s why we’re looking for a world-class Senior Human Resources Manager dedicated to developing and supporting our team and building our HR infrastructure worldwide.
Job Title: E-Reading Program Implementation Manager
Worldreader is on a mission to bring digital books to every child and her family, so that they can improve their lives through the power of technology. Globally, we are working in 85 countries, reaching over 18 million people through our e-reading and mobile programs. In Ghana, we have several projects going in schools and libraries.
The Ghana E-Reading Program Implementation Manager will help to manage one of Worldreader’s large-scale, donor-funded efforts in Ghana. This person will be based in Accra, but will be required to travel to project sites throughout Ghana regularly. This person will report to the Worldreader Ghana Country Director.
The E-Reading Program Implementation Manager will illustratively be responsible for:
• Designing and leading e-reading pilot activities in schools including leading the monitoring and evaluation of pilot activities and supporting teacher training and other activities;
• Planning and coordination of field activities in program-supported schools;
• Leading field-based teacher support and data collection staff, based in districts across Ghana;
• Coordinating closely with the Worldreader Ghana’s other projects to ensure knowledge sharing and lessons learned are incorporated across programs;
• Ensuring quality of all project-based activities, such as teacher training events, and the overall quality of project-collected data and analysis;
• Write and submit periodic reports on field based activities, including analyzing data and developing and writing success stories as part of these reports;
• Support planning, logistics and coordination of Worldreader staff and consultants visit as needed.
• Advocacy and relationship building with MoE, GES and Ghana Learning team.
Qualification Required & Experience
We are looking for a professional with a background in supporting education projects, particularly with a background in ICT4E and/or a strong background in monitoring and evaluation. This person should have a high degree of professional maturity, self-motivation and adaptability. The ideal candidate possesses the following:
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• A minimum of 7+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of development and/or education projects.
• Demonstrated experience working with schools in either teacher training or in collecting and analyzing data
• High level of comfort with technology (mobile phones, tablets & e-readers);
• Strong oral and written communications skills and ability to communicate across time zones and diverse cultures.
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and productivity/communication tools such as Skype, Zoom and email.
• Structured and organized thinker.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in cross-cultural settings, including working with remote teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including in English; demonstrated experience writing progress reports in English;
• Ability to work both individually and closely with teams
• Excellent project management skills, including experience with Gantt charts and related tools.
• Good rapport with children and young adults
• Flexibility and a “get the job done” attitude.
• Demonstrable passion for education and the mission of Worldreader
All candidates must be legally eligible to work in Ghana.
How To Apply For The Job
Please follow the instructions carefully:
• To Apply – Please send your resume and application letter in an email with the subject “E-Reading Program Implementation Manager” to
Closing Date: 30 July, 2016
• PDFs only and no phone calls, please.
• If shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview, where you will also be asked to complete a series of tasks on an e-reader and a data analysis skills test. Due to the volume of applications, only those candidates shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
• This job description only serves as a guide for the position available. Worldreader reserves the to adapt or amend the position as required by the project.