We are looking for an imaginative and enthusiastic professional to energize the Worldreader office experience and to play a key role supporting the administrative and operational needs of our W. Africa team.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Operations, the operations coordinator is responsible for the provisioning and deployment of e-readers or other devices, while maintaining a functional, efficient, and organized and FUN workplace and keeping the office running smoothly on a day-to-day basis. They also liaise with the staff in Spain, Kenya, and the US to caretake our global organizational culture.
Office hours are typically 8:30am-5:30pm M-F, with some flexibility required to accommodate for international time zones, team meetings, and special events.
Job Title: Operations Coordinator
- Device processing, deployment, and warehouse management.
- Maintain the overall appearance and day-to-day operations of the office.
- Manage office supply vendors – sourcing, budgeting, invoicing, planning, and maintaining productive and positive relationships.
- Troubleshoot and maintain all office equipment including printers, wifi routers, kitchen appliances, and other odds and ends.
- Lead facility upkeep (general electrical, plumbing and physical fixing of office space) including maintaining requirements for building life and safety compliance.
- Orchestrate and coordinate all office mailings and deliveries.
- Facilitate on-boarding of new employees – set up desks, hardware/software, conduct tour of the office, introductions, etc.
- Liaise with international office staff to preserve, promote, grow, and improve the Worldreader organizational culture and office experience.
- Other duties/projects as assigned and co-created!
- Two or more years professional work experience in an office management, logistics, or operations position.
- Proven success in a customer service environment.
- Exceptional computer skills; proficiency in MS Office Suite, and cloud services (Google, Dropbox, etc)
- English proficiency; verbal and written.
- This position requires the ability to lift office products and supplies, up to 20kg
- Must have the legal right to work prior to applying.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience as an office manager.
- Proficiency in CRM systems (Salesforce, SAP etc.)
- Experience working in an international or geographically distributed organization.