Posted on :
23 Oct, 2017
23 Oct, 2017
WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower supply company to the international oil, gas and energy industry. We supply consultants to the projects and operations of our clients. We also perform outsourcing services like project recruitment campaigns and workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world.
We operate globally with offices in 10 countries, supplying the international oil, gas and energy industry with professional personnel.
Job Title: Senior Valve Technician
Senior Valve Technicians (field service included)
(The client provides a mix of specialist skills and Snr technicians will be expert in one or more of the following – Control valves, mechanical isolation valves, Safety relief valves)
Rate Description: Senior Technician
To lead the valve activity in the workshop or in the field, providing high level knowledge and expertise and coaching of subordinates and local nationals.
· Understand work scopes and the requirements of each task
· Inspection of valves during the repair cycle in line with Severn process – identifying failure modes
· Understand how to identify and record all spare part requirements.
· Understand how to identify the correct testing standards to apply to which valve group.
· Understand the requirements of the following Standards: API 598, API 6D & 6A, API 527, ANSI FCI-70-2, ANSI B16.34
· Understand how to read a Manufacturers IOM Manual.
· Supervision of technicians and fitters during the work process
· Authorisation and sign off of inspection and test reports as a competent person.
· Specialist activity – e.g. loop checking, positioner setting, high pressure emergency sealing etc
· Able to correctly and competently complete SVM Test reports.
· Able to correctly and competently complete engineers visit reports.