CHF International is an international development organization founded in 1952 that works in post-conflict, unstable and developing countries. We partner with communities around the world to help them to direct the improvement of their lives and livelihoods. We believe that the people best suited to decide what a community needs are the people of the community itself. CHF is a politically neutral, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, that prides itself on an approach which is accountable, efficient and effective.
Job Title: Reports To: Program Director
Duration: One Year Contract-Renewable on Annual Basis upon Satisfactory Performance
CHF International is seeking a Value Chain and Business Development Officer for the implementation of key activity components of the CHF International program “Youth Engagement in Service Delivery (YES)” funded by Gates Foundation. The program will provide targeted technical and organizational capacity building to selected youth and solid waste related value chain actors to address the solid waste problem as well as create livelihood opportunities for youth in poor Urban Accra communities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the project’s expert on solid waste value chain assessment;
- Provide technical leadership in value chain analysis and development focusing on those chains identified as having the greatest potential in the solid waste sector
- Identify financial and technical service providers and facilitate needed interaction and market facilitation for YES partners.
- Identify interested MFIs and provide technical assistance for the development of youth-inclusive financial services
- Identify, develop and implement solid waste value chain(s);
- Provide technical expertise to project team and local partners to identify and implement solid waste value chain improvements
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of value chain improvement interventions
- Assist in reviewing documentation of resources / Consultants used as required for all aspects of BDS development and implementation;
- Work with additional resources for BDS purposes on the project;
- Conduct periodic assessments of micro-finance institutions in line with program requirements to inform CHF and its partners strategy on business development services;
- Conduct cost benefit and market analysis as well as prepare business plans;
- Work with the programs teams to identify key partners important to the design and implementation of BDS and ensure they are involved in the design and implementation of activities;
- Assist in developing linkages with youth friendly financial service providers;
- Assists in the planning, coordination, and documentation of meetings, workshops, seminars and other activities of the project, focusing on the business development aspects;
- Conceive and assist in developing capacity development strategy related to BDS in SWM;
- Document all processes and out puts and lessons learnt on solid waste value chain interventions
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties at CHF International. CHF reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least, a graduate qualification in environmental economics, business studies, micro-finance or related field; with a strong emphasis on value chain analysis and development
- At least 6 years experience with bachelor’s or 3 years experience with a masters’ degree in micro-finance or micro-enterprise development project, preferably with specific experience in a US government-supported project(s);
- At least 6 years experience in designing, analyzing and evaluating economic development programs with special emphasis on value chain analysis and development
- Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders including donors, local partners, private and public sectors
- Proven experience in designing micro-credit related programs with skills in group mobilization, training, linkage to credit and management;
- Must have experience with entire process of micro-enterprise development;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English language;
- High degree of computer literacy; MS Excel and MS Word are essential; and
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
How To Apply
Application should be forwarded to: