Yara International ASA is a global Norwegian Company that specialises in agricultural products and environmental protection agents.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today Yara has a worldwide presence, with more than 12,000 employees and sales to more than 150 countries. Yara has been supporting African farmers for over 87 years and has employed over 80 agronomists to share knowledge with farming communities in 10 countries across the continent.
Yara Ghana was established in 2007. Yara is Ghana’s leading crop nutrition company, providing farmers in Ghana with knowledge and best practices to sustainably improve crop yields, quality, and farmers’ profits.
Job Title: Finance Officer
Yara Ghana is looking for a Finance Officer to join its team. The position. will be based in Accra and will report to the Accounts Manager.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate invoicing of sales to customers
- Ensure customer payments are timely and accurately posted and allocated
- Weekly receivables reporting and preliminary follow-ups
- Perform customer accounts reconciliations and ensure any reconciliation issues with a customer are adequately and timely addressed
- Monitor credit insurance standards to ensure no loss is incurred within the terms of the cover
- Bank reconciliations – weekly bank reconciliations to ensure customer payments are timely captured. Ensure monthly bank reconciliations ate completed before each monthly book closing.
- Proactive actions taken on reconciling items
- Reconciliation of other balance sheet accounts as required
- Liaison with the Commercial function and Logistics on inventory movements and sales
- Be part of the inventory count team to be involved in monthly counts
- Prepare monthly Cost analysis per cost Centre and advice on variances to the budget
- Ensure proper filing of documents in the Finance department for easy retrieval
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree holder with specialization in Finance/Accounting; having completed a professional accountancy course (e.g. ACCA, CIMA, CA) will be an advantage
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Finance/Accounting) preferably in a similar role
- Proficiency in Excel; familiar with any ERP accounting software; SUN/SAP knowledge will be an advantage
- Analytical mind-set with an eye for detail
How to Apply
The deadline for your online application via www.yara.com/positions
Deadline is 2 weeks after publication