Yara is the world’s leading mineral fertilizer company with a truly global presence and with leading positions in ammonia, nitrates, NPK and specialty fertilizers. Yara Ghana was established in 2007 to strengthen the quality and depth of input supply and related services along agricultural value chains to increase the productivity of Ghanaian farmers.
Yara Ghana is looking for a Business Support Manager to provide a range of commercial information, reports and advice to management; to track, analyse and report sales; to forecast and support planning requirements; to initiate and monitor product purchasing and shipment; and to manage YARA Ghana’s procurement process. The position will be based in Accra and will report to the Supply Chain Manager.
Job Title: Business Support Manager
- Following up and recording activity on our portfolio.
- Assessing the sales performance of our current products and potential new products coming in.
- Following up the supply/demand balance internally in order to minimize the risk of stock-outs and predict when replenishment imports are required.
- Manage YARA Ghana’s procurement process.
- Assist the Finance and Commercial teams in the development of detailed budgets
- In conjunction with the Accounts team, update constantly our PVCs (Product variable costs) in order to supply the correct information to allow YARA Ghana to design a viable commercial strategy.
- Provide sales and commercial information for presentation to Africa Business Unit as required
- Handling the internal commercial analysis and reporting about:
- Weekly market activities.
- Supply/demand balance in the country and Burkina Faso.
- Crop profitability: special emphasis on Cereals and Cocoa.
- Monthly reports about sales, marketing and technical results.
- Gathering and processing all the info supplied by the commercial team to produce Ghana market studies and analysis.
- Leading the communications with PPRSD in association with Commercial and Supply Chain staff.
- Supporting the communications and interactions with MOFA, including oversight of the Subsidy Programmes.
- Coordination of communications with YARA Switzerland in respect of shipments required.
- Representing Yara Ghana in different occasions such as stakeholder meetings, trade fairs, events, etc.
- Liaising with Supply Chain in respect of incoming shipments and clearing requirements.
- Undertake such additional duties as executive management may from time to time require.
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s prescribed practices & procedures.
- Graduate degree in Agriculture, Logistics & Supply or its equivalent
- Excellent logistics skills
- Minimum 3 years multinational working experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills; good interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Power point especially
- Fluency in English
- Experience with SUN
- Enthusiastic approach and willingness to learn
- Strong accurate analytical skills with attention to detail