Posted on :
18 Jan, 2017
18 Jan, 2017
Partnership for Forest (P4F) is a 5 year DFID funded programme that aims to support the emergence of a new investment model in which the public sector, private sector companies and wider communities can achieve better returns from sustainable forestry and land use than they are able to from deforestation and land degradation. The main objective of the programme is to support a set of public-private partnerships (PPPs) and initiatives which demonstrate how the private sector can contribute to a reduction in the rates of deforestation, as well as a range of related enabling activities to address the policy environment. For more information please visit www.parternshipsforforests.com
Job Title: Young Professional Recruitment Programme
P4F Young Professional Programme Overview
The Partnerships for Forests Young Professional (P4F-YP) Programme is a yearly structured professional development opportunity designed around experiential learning to give young graduates real-time work experience aligned with the our project’s needs and objectives. The key objectives for this programme is to build capacity around PPPs and give exposure to PPP processes, as well as provide environment which will enable high potential graduates to develop knowledge, skills and competencies required to build a successful career in forest governance and PPP. This is a project based designation and hence differs from corporate Palladium’s Young Professional programme. As such, the roles for the P4F-YP will be limited to the P4F programme.
Duration: 1 year, Accra, based.
The position will be expected to support the project team in more technical aspect of the project and deliver administrative, research, operational and compliance tasks. Expected split would be 60% technical and 40% operational. The responsibilities could include but not limited to:
• Work closely and collaboratively with technical teams to baseline their analysis and reporting needs, to define key issues and opportunities, and to provide market and stakeholder analysis
• Support and undertake internal and primary research assignments and publish findings
• Update and ensure the accuracy of project data, financial tracking tools, and project databases
• Prepare contract action requests (e.g. travel, personnel additions/changes, partner, grant, budget realignment) timely and accurately
• Actively participate in team problem solving sessions and provide data insight and trends
• Assist in the design, implementation and measurement of programs and initiatives
• Assist in organizing, managing and coordinating various regional workshops
• Assist in generating DFID and internal reports
• Work on other tasks as required, these could include creating and maintaining project management files
• Assist in grant management and monitoring.
Qualification Required & Experience
Education and experience required
• Relevant university first degree in sectors relevant to the project (e.g. environmental studies, forestry, agriculture, economics, business management). A Master’s degree is preferable
• Evidence of experience or interest in forestry, Public Private Partnerships, sustainability or agriculture commodity value chains (cocoa, oil palm and rubber) – Maximum 2 years relevant experience is preferred
• Private sector experience is a strong plus
• Work permit and legal rights to work in the country.
• Fluency in English – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Fluency in French an advantage
• Candidate profile required includes: adaptability, proven problem solver, organizational skills, ensures work quality.
How To Apply
Send CVs by email to:
Closing Date: 16 February, 2017