Posted on :
2 Mar, 2018
2 Mar, 2018
Youth innovation drives positive change and we develop creative, market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper.
Job Title: HUB Coordinator
• The HUB Coordinator, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management for the local HUB and its associated activities. S/he will support activities to build partner and youth capacity in livelihood development.
• S/he will establish and maintain positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, youth participants and volunteers.
• Provide leadership and management for the coordination and delivery of HUB activities
• Management of and support to teams of Canadian volunteers
• Monitor annual work plans and ensure compliance
• Ensure preparation and submission of project activity reports
• Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming is responsive to youth and volunteer needs
• Ensure program quality through implementation of country-specific project review systems and comprehensive M&E systems
• Develop and maintain relationship with Canadian foreign missions
• Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth
• Support the development and update of sector strategies in relevant areas of programming
• Provide support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets, recommend program adjustments when necessary to keep the project on track
• Support training and supervision of HUB staff and volunteer teams
• Coordinate training activities for youth
• Coordination of and support to HUB Network
• Coordinate orientation training for Canadian volunteers
• Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must be a citizen of Ghana
• University degree
• 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible leadership and coordination experience
• Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on networking and training delivery
• Ability to work with and through partners
• Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people
• Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors, private sector and other international NGOs on initiatives
• Experience with current approaches to adult learning and participatory methods for M&E
• Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans and training plans
• Demonstrated mentoring abilities and experience supporting peers
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong verbal and written English skills required
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
How to Apply
Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to: [email protected] with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
Closing Date: 07 March, 2018
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.