Posted on :
2 Mar, 2018
2 Mar, 2018
Youth innovation drives positive change and we develop creative, market-ready solutions that catapult youth around the world to succeed and prosper.
Job Title: IT Manager
• The IT Manager, reporting to the Country Manager, will provide leadership and management of the technological elements of EQWIP HUBs. This includes: supporting activities to build partner capacity in utilizing IT to enhance project outcomes; managing technological assets and providing technical support across the project; identifying strategies to leverage technology to improve project outcomes; and maintaining positive, collaborative and productive relationships with project staff, implementing partners, volunteers and youth participants.
• Provide leadership for the delivery and oversight of the technology aspects of project initiative
• Provide guidance to the HUB staff regarding tools and strategies to ensure that programming utilizes technology in an effective way
• Identify areas of opportunity to integrate technology into project activities to improve results, and take steps to implement where feasible
• Provide management and oversight of online learning communities
• Liaise and coordinate with technical consortium partners and implementing partners to ensure effective delivery of activities
• Set up technology and provide ongoing maintenance/support in all HUB locations
• Troubleshoot technology issues
• Ensure preparation and submission of reports
• Remain well-informed about national and regional issues affecting youth
• Provide strategic support to ensure that activities are meeting their goals and targets
• Perform other duties as delegated by the Country Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must be citizen of Ghana
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
• 5 to 7 years of progressively responsible experience in IT
• Understanding of and compatible vision for effective community development with a focus on the use of technology
• Ability to work with and through partners
• Passion for working with youth; an understanding of the current situation for young people especially as relates to their use and engagement with technology for learning and livelihoods
• Comfort with linking work to a range of stakeholders, including civil authorities, community group leaders, donors and private sector
• Proven ability to develop and monitor work plans
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong verbal and written English skills required
Salary: Competitive Salary and Benefits
How to Apply
Applications will be considered upon submission. Please submit your cover letter and CV as a one document Word or PDF e-mail attachment to: [email protected] with “Operations Manager” in the subject line. Applications will not be considered beyond the deadline.
Closing Date: 07 March, 2018
No phone calls about the position can be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.