Uncover hidden opportunities to make a global impact. Zola Electric is a growth-stage start up that’s on track to light a million homes in Africa over the next couple of years with clean, affordable solar energy. At the heart of our business is innovative solutions that delight our customers. We are looking for a Head of Sales for Ghana to join our team and to support our growth strategy in Africa.
This may be your dream job if you’re someone who dreams of combining your knowledge and skills enabling Zola Electric to change the renewable energy landscape. You’ll also need to be passionate about bringing solar energy to off-grid and other underserved marketsâ€Š(billions of people around the world)â€Šwith the unique social, technical, and business challenges that come along with it. You are inspired by the opportunity to unleash whole continents of human potential, and motivated to help build a truly epic business.
Zola Electric, through its consumer brand Zola, combines Silicon Valley technology with local expertise to offer African homes and businesses a long-term solar solution to an unreliable grid. Adaptable to both energy needs and income, Zola Electric’s solution can be bought over time through a leasing structure. The first few watts starts a chain reaction that enables people to achieve commonly held aspirations: security, education, access to information, and a longer and more efficient day.
Today, Zola Electric powers more than 100,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania, Rwanda and Côte d’Ivoire. Zola Electric’s investors include: SolarCity, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, The Packard Foundation, Helios Investment Partners, and responsibility. Zola Electric is the recipient of the 2016 UN Momentum for Change Award, Zayed Future Energy Prize, and the 2015 Global Cleantech 100. For more information, visit www.offgrid-electric.com.
Job Title: Head Of Sales
The Head of Sales Ghana develops and delivers a commercial strategy as well as drive sales and maximizes sales production through the Direct Sales Channel in a scalable and effective manner through the building and management of an efficient Direct Sales Team. The Head of Sales reports to the Managing Director of Ghana and the Chief Commercial Officer of Zola Electric. This role is responsible for strategic collaboration, direct sales oversight, budget management, people and stakeholder management, related activities are:
- Participate in strategic meetings to contribute to the country’s direct sales strategy and business plan;
- Source and generate new ideas to input into the strategy and provide for strategic adjustments;
- Develop an implementation plan of Direct Sales Strategy in collaboration with the team;
- Develop and ensure Group commercial procedures are maintained by sharing best practice and continuous improvement;
- Developing a commercial strategy, along with the successful communication and delivery of the strategy;
- Developing and executing business strategies to deliver growth in accordance with the strategic plans;
- Set direct sales targets as per the business plan and set up teams to deliver on sales targets;
- Guide and direct commercial activity across the country, maximizing the potential of the ZOLA brand products;
- New business development, negotiations and commercial contracts in line with proposed budgeted growth;
- Monitor and evaluate emerging business opportunities and position the ZEGHA’s sales resource and technical capability accordingly;
- Monitor and track daily sales targets and activities to ensure line management is managing the day-to-day sales operations effectively;
- Convene and chair weekly and monthly sales meetings with the sales team to discuss delivery on sales targets;
- Provide weekly feedback on sales targets to Country MD to review country performance and identify gaps where interventions are required;
- Participate in quarterly meetings with team to review sales performance and come up with the necessary adjustments;
- Monitor the execution of the credit process and trends and make the necessary adjustments in consultation with the Platform team;
- Monitor customer satisfaction score and devise interventions to improve ratings;
- Participate in the identification and assessment of risks, formulating risk mitigating strategies in collaboration with the Country MD.
- Msc. Marketing or related field of study;
- Residing in Ghana with a minimum of 8 years’ of in-country experience in a sales environment (door to door), of which 5 years is at a management level;
- Direct Sales management experience, the experience of the expansion into new territories;
- Knowledge of methodologies in Direct Sales;
- Understanding the local business environment and channels;
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation pertaining to the country;
- Knowledge of financial principles;
- Strategic planning and leadership skills;
- People and relationship management skills;
- Networking and negotiation skills;
- Customer focused, ethical team player;
- Required to work out in the field, therefore significant travel is required.