- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent professional qualification.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of banking experience in a similar role.
- Must have knowledge of compliance issues and have a cross-functional business vision.
- Risk management and analysis skills.
- Candidate must have excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Must have good Knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Microsoft Office Project and Core Banking Applications.
- Must have good work ethics and ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
Job Title: Deputy Head of Compliance
- Identify the non-compliance risks of the entity and ensure the implementation of the appropriate prevention measures, specifically the main principles of the Group compliance and local laws and regulation
- Ensure the existence and application of all appropriate compliance procedures and instruction (Group rules and local legal regulatory requirements)
- Advise operational staff on financial crime, regulatory compliance, ethics, reputation risk and provides an opinion to the New Product Committee
- Monitor the compliance issues and ad- hoc remediation action
- Monitor (following local organization) and implement the audit and inspection conclusions and recommendations concerning compliance
- Ensure the adequacy of available resources within the compliance function and expectations regarding local compliance.
Specifically, in terms of financial crime, the Deputy Head of Compliance will focus on:
- Deployment and implementation of financial crime instructions / procedures
- Establishing appropriate relationships with other support functions and assists them with any challenges related to financial crime perimeter
- Handling cases with an elevated risk rating (high and med high risk) AML – CFT
- Disclosing suspicious activities to the appropriate authorities
- Responsible for financial crime reporting
- Ensuring the adequacy of available resources and expectations