Job Title: Manager, Structured Finance
Sales and Business Development
- Market analysis of targeted clients and their financing needs to identify opportunities for Bank’s investment banking activities.
- Preparation of Proposals, Term sheets, Authority to Proceed (ATPs) documents and Mandate letters and to conduct due diligence on potential transactions for risk and pricing considerations.
- Work closely with coverage to identify and pitch for mandates.
- Work closely with the structured products, Africa team to pitch for ECA backed mandates.
- Work with the SFG hub in Abidjan and other finance houses like Proparco, the European Central Bank, African Development Bank, the Ecowas Bank for investment, the IFC etc to finance Infrastructural projects in Ghana
- Arrange and structure both balance sheet and off-balance sheet deals which would lead to the Bank playing lead arrangement role in big ticket transactions syndication.
- Work with the SFG hub in Abidjan to module financials, prepare Information memorandum and invitation letters to both Commercial and other multilateral finance organisations to participate in transactions the bank has been mandated to lead.
- Responsible for end- to –end credit application process within the Investment Banking space – in depth analysis of various risks; ensuring quality presentation.
- Ensuring compliance with all internal and regulatory requirements – ESMS, Compliance and KYC etc. and any other special reporting standard.
- Liaise with Risk on credit application and other issues; ensuring quick turnaround on credit queries.
- Responsible for managing the documentation process- Legal, consultants etc.
- Work with the Head of IB to negotiate the terms and conditions of the financing documents
- Make a lasting impression/impact on clients
- Focusing energy and talent on client satisfaction
- Proposing new ideas and contributing to the change process
- Acting ethically and with courage
- Being engaged and demonstrating consideration for others
- Client Coverage
- Product Partners – SFG in Abidjan, GLBA/EXT, GTB and TRE
- All companies, regulators. Government department and agencies
Skills and Knowledge
- Good knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking products with at least 5years’ experience in the CIB environment
- Strong Structuring, Financial modeling and Credit Analytical skills.
- Practical experience in syndicated lending-either playing lead arranger or participatory role.
- Proven ability to independently identify, drive and deliver on opportunities.
- Commercial focus, analytical mindset, consultative engagement style, innovative problem solving approach and strong achievement orientation.
- Good interpersonal skills, customer focus, commercial dynamism, proactive, team spirit.
- Knowledge of the banking environment, mastery of techniques and banking products
- Minimum qualification of First Degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Artcurial science
- Masters degree with specialization in Banking and Finance, Finance or Accounting to be an advantage.
- Professional qualification in Accounting or Finance to be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 5 (ideally 10) years’ experience in driving business within Corporate and Investment Banking