Our client, an investment arm of a Ghanaian owned Commercial Bank seeks to fill the position of Audit Manager with a results oriented individual.
Job Title: Audit Manager
Reporting to the Board, the job holder is responsible for planning, executing and reporting on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related audits/reviews of company and its affiliates
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Conducts risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through appropriate audit techniques
- Analyses the effectiveness and efficiency of control environment, identifies control gaps and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares/ reviews audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within the company and affiliates
- Provide feedback on performance of Internal Auditors, on audit assignments, as applicable
- Provide on-the-job training and supervise subordinates within the audit team.
- Development and communication of observations and recommendations.
- Maintain key risk registers for Internal Audit Department.
- Undertakes special reviews and investigations.
- Perform other duties assigned by superior officer.
- Minimum of 1st degree in Accounting /finance or the equivalent combination of education, training, and 7 years work experience
- Relevant professional certifications (i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ICA-G, IIA) is required with 5 years’ experience in Financial services auditing
- Internal audit experience or equivalent line experience in a risk or control function, including experience in leading audit (internal or external) engagements. Exposure to risk-based methodologies within Financial Services
- Ability to observe and understand business processes ensuring processes are documented completely and accurately
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application