Zormelo & Associates is a Management and Development Consulting firm which works with both private and public sector clients to create world-class companies and institutions through advisory services in human resources management, economic and social development projects and capacity building.
Job Title: Instrumentation Engineer
- Provides Engineering support to achieve and maintain the technical and performance integrity of the FPSO Facility.
- Provides production and operations engineering change support for the Facilities systems including power generation, production process control systems, utility and marine systems.
- Provides I&E and Control systems support to the FPSO systems technicians, engineers and managers.
Strong troubleshooting & knowledge with DCS, programmable logic controllers and associated hardware is desirable, specifically for:
- Power generation, gas turbine units
- Yokogawa CS3000 DCS system
- Other applicable FPSO PLC’s
- FCS / FGS / SIS.
- Knowledge of relevant electrical safety acts, regulations, standards and international codes
- Management and coordination of all project processes from budget preparation, financial approvals, schedule and cost estimates, risk and quality management, project execution and closure
- Previous experience with the operation and maintenance of instrumentation and control systems within a large scale process plant.
- Identify, review, and approve any QA/QC requirements for the Facility’s equipment and packages that relate to the electrical & instrumentation components of all management of change engineering change request work scopes.
- Identify, develop, and complete Management of Change, Engineering Change Requests including Engineering assessments with respect to all electrical & instrumentation & control engineering related systems and equipment. This includes the design and engineering standards and specifications review and development. Proposed change markups, electrical & instrumentation equipment sizing, engineering proposals & calculations as required for project approval.
Qualifications & Experience
- A tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent.
- Desirable Chemical or suitably experienced Electrical / Instrumentation Engineer.
- 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities.
- Able to demonstrate a good work ethic & knowledge of the relevant Ghanaian and International standards applicable to the oil & gas industry, and how they relate specifically to the facility operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy in office packages, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Highly desirable, but not essential, experience with high voltage systems, Yokogawa DCS systems, HMI systems, instrumentation & control systems.
- Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of the maintenance management system AMOS.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Instrumentation & Control engineering or equivalent. 10 years’ experience in the hydrocarbon or offshore oil & gas industry desirably with Floating Production facilities Knowledge of the document control and procurement management systems and processes. Knowledge of the maintenance management system AMOS. Experience with the operation and maintenance of instruction