Job Title: Financial Controller
- Develop and implement all necessary financial policies and procedures to ensure the provision of an effective management service and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Audit of royalties received and receivable. Work closely with the MIIF to ensure timeliness, completeness and accuracy of royalties due to the Company.
- Reconcile royalties received against quarterly returns filed by the mining companies
- Ensure the processing of all accounting transactions during the month and maintain accounting records for all invoices payable, ensuring timely review, authorisation and payment.
- Management of the monthly/quarterly/annual reporting cycle.
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Preparation of quarterly forecasts.
- Preparation of short term cash flow forecasts
- Key contact for external auditors to manage the audit process to meet key reporting deadlines.
- Manage the production of local annual statutory financial statements.
- Eight (8) years post qualification experience, five (5) of which should be in the mining sector.
- Recognised international accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA or equivalent).
- BIG4 trained preferred.
- Experience of having worked in the Finance function of a multi-national organisation, in a commercial environment
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience in statutory and management reporting.
- Experience in liaising with auditors.
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel