Posted on :
5 Jan, 2018
5 Jan, 2018
Our client, Africa’s leading independent oil and gas Exploration and Production Company with a diverse portfolio of assets across Africa as well as interests in Europe, South Asia and South America is seeking to fill it’s Completions Operation Engineer position with a competent Ghanaian.
Job Title: Completions Operation Engineer
Reporting to the Completion Operations Supervisor, the jobholder will be responsible for the overall completion / well testing engineering support to the offshore operation from Accra. This role will work with the SCE (Takoradi), Rig Superintendent(s) and Drilling Engineer(s) to ensure well integrity and a high level of operational efficiency is maintained.
• Responsible for completion/testing design and operational planning in Ghana Deep-water
• Contribute to delivering operational EHS performance.
• Provide operational programmes which account for and dictate best EHS practice.
• Overall responsibility with the CPE for optimizing completions/testing/well intervention, planning, costing and operations for one or more rigs.
• Provide on-time well engineering services which represent best industry practice.
• Provides operational support to completion, testing and well intervention activities.
• Provides assistance to prepare the rig for upcoming completions and subsea activities.
• Provides technical engineering support for the operations to the Rig Superintendent.
• Ensure Well handover documents are QA/QC and completed in a timely manner.
• Is responsible for contingency planning and preparation.
• Identifies performance improvement initiatives
• Compiles and maintains well risk register and well barrier review.
• A good University Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
• Valid offshore survival certification is required
• Minimum of 15years experience as a completions engineer with operating companies
• Subsea completions experience in water depths greater than 800 metres
• Preference of knowledge and experience in design and running of intelligent multi-zone subsea completions and working in remote locations.
• PetroFocus Completion’s Manager or equivalent is required
• High proficiency in the use of WellCat, Tubing Movement Modelling, and MS Suite