Job Title: Senior Project Cost Controller
- Interface with Planning, Contracts, Supply Chain, Technical HR and Accounting & Finance departments in MPSG and other inter/intra companies for commercial and technical input.
- Identify problems and coordinate with other departments in MPSG and other MODEC entities to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between departments.
- Ensure the accurate cost / revenue capturing with correct WBS codes in the company’s cost control systems. Daily work entails the verification of purchase requisitions (amounts and WBS codes against budget and the WBS code structure) in MAXIMO before approval, checking vendor invoices against Purchase Orders and contracts, performing monthly WBS coding adjustment in accounts, determining & requesting to post accrual and setup of PO and Sales Contract in SAP for intercompany billing procedure.
- Maintain and updating the monthly cost reports with budgets, committed costs, actual, VOWD and forecasts by gathering the information from various departments for accurate VOWD and forecasts.
- Monitoring cost, preparing and validating Change Orders & O&MVR (“O&M Budget Variation”), validating the invoices to clients & internal inter/intra companies according to the contractual terms and following up the ensuing payments on the basis of a good level of understanding on the contracts (O&M Contract with clients and Work Orders with intra/inter-companies).
- Performing various types of revenue & cost analysis.
- Estimating the budget cost breakdown per a line item activity in each WBS code by gathering the input from Planning, Contracts, Supply Chain, Technical, HR and Accounting & Finance departments and ensuring budget philosophy (owner of budget and cost category such as Routine, Non-Routine and Exceptional cost items) and budget schedule among the departments. Preparing the budget summary template for reporting to Operations Manager, management and clients by analyzing and explaining the detailed reason of cost variation between previous year and next year budget.
- Coordinating between the responsible vessels’ operation management and SPC Shareholders for various reports pursuant to O&M Subcontract and to gain necessary their approvals.
- Producing ad hoc reporting and presentation materials (commonly requested by clients or management). Coordinate any other activities / initiatives / leaderships, upon request, related to the responsible vessel’s business control for operation management.
- Support the MPSG KPI process in providing VOWD & O&MSE & O&MVR information on a monthly basis in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Contract Manager.
- Train Cost Controllers in relation to various cost control activities.
- Ensure nationalization plan for the role is maintained and training is progressing as required.
• University degree or equivalent in any area of social science such as management, Finance, Engineering • Qualified candidates should possess 5 – 8 years of cost control experience in an international environment preferably with a mixture of reimbursable and lump sum projects. • Accounting and financial knowledge. • Planning (scheduling) knowledge. • Procurement knowledge.