Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Agogo Presbyterian College of Education, formerly Agogo Women’s Training College, which is one of the oldest Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana, was established by the Basel Missionaries in 1931. residence of the missionaries At the 1928 Synod of the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast, the Basel Mission was requested to establish a girls’ school in Ashanti. The request was in direct response to the Divine Commission to the Church to which the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast belonged; go forth therefore and make all nations my disciples-and teach them; (Matt. 28: 19 – 20).
The Council of the Agogo Presbyterian College of Education announces for the academic community and the general public of vacancies available for the executive position for the college. Appointments shall be made by the college council upon the recommendations of a search committee and in accordance with the Harmonized Statutes for Colleges of Education and on such terms and conditions, as Council shall determine. The officer should be able to serve their FULL-TERM of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60)
Job Title: College Accountant
• Accountant shall assist the Finance Officer in the overall management and administration of the office and functions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a good first degree and a postgraduate degree in the relevant subject area and must be a member of a recognised accountancy professional association.
• Must have served as a Senior Assistant Accountant or Senior Assistant Internal Auditor in a college of education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years. In addition, applicant must:
• Be analytical, critical, results-oriented, innovative and visionary;
• Possess hands-on ability to work independently with proactive
• commercial flair and must be a good team player;
• Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, supervisory skills;
• Possess strong IT skills and familiarity with accounting software;
• Be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for College Accountant, to reach the addresses below, not later than Tuesday, January 10,2017
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
AGOGO PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE BOX 26
A GOGO, ASANTE AKYEM NORTH
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017