Posted on :
30 Nov, 2016
30 Nov, 2016
The objective of the Ghana Climate Innovation Center (GCIC) is to establish local institutional capacity to support Ghanaian entrepreneurs and new ventures involved in developing profitable and locally-appropriate solutions to climate change mitigation and adaptation. Through its programs, activities and financing, the GCIC and its network of partners and stakeholders will provide a country-driven approach to solving climate, energy and resource challenges and support economic development through job creation.
Job Title: Entrepreneurship Manager
Reports to: Executive Director-GCIC
• The Entrepreneurship Manager/Director position is for five (5) years and will oversee the design and execution of all GCIC entrepreneurship support programs including a cohort-based accelerator program and technology incubation program.
• This is a critical position for the GCIC and demands a highly capable and dynamic individual comfortable in an entrepreneurial environment who also has the discipline to design and execute the centers programs for entrepreneurs. The selected candidate will be a member of the GCIC executive committee and report directly to the GCIC’s Executive Director.
• Oversees the design and evolution of entrepreneurship training.
• Facilitates the integration of all admissions to the GCIC.
• Manages resources and access to resources for GCIC entrepreneurs.
• Coordinates marketing and outreach strategies.
• Ensures top level technical facilities are available to GCIC entrepreneurs including prototyping and lean manufacturing machinery and software.
• Serves as an effective interface between internal and external stakeholders
• Facilitates collaborations across functions and competing interests.
• Participates in access to finance modalities in support of GCIC entrepreneurs.
• Co-ordinates idea and early stage business advisory.
• Ensures adherence to product development plans.
• Project manages GCIC entrepreneurs towards exit from GCIC.
• Supports GCIC entrepreneurs to concertize business plans.
Qualification Required & Experience
• BS/BA in business administration, engineering or another relevant field
• 5-10 years of experience in strategic business advisory, management of business incubation or acceleration programs
• Computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
• Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
• Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
• MBA or another advanced degree is strongly preferred, although extensive operational experience in a business accelerator, incubator, or startup company would be accepted in lieu of formal educational credentials beyond an undergraduate degree.
• Experience teaching entrepreneurship or the Lean Launchpad strongly preferred.
• Discipline-specific experience preferred; such as technology transfer, research commercialization or technology development.
• Ability to represent the GCIC in local and international forums, interact with leading thinkers and actors in clean technology ecosystems locally and globally.
• Experience in management of operations of dynamic, complex organizations
• Proven ability to plan and execute programs efficiently in accordance to budget allocations
• Specific competencies in Project Management, Product Development, Early Stage Entrepreneurial Financing, Entrepreneurship, and Business Advisory
How To Apply For The Job
Kindly submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 29 December, 2016