Posted on :
11 Nov, 2016
11 Nov, 2016
Accra Polytechnic, the Premier Polytechnic in Ghana was established in 1949. It was firstly known as Accra Technical School. Later became known as Accra Technical Institute in 1957. In 1963, the institute was named Accra Polytechnic by the orders of Ghana’s First President, Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Accra Polytechnic by the mandate of the Polytechnic Law of 1992 (PNDCL.321), was elevated to a tertiary status in 1993 to offer Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate programmes.
Its elevation was aimed at enhancing tertiary institution through excellence, professionalism and diversity in its programmes. The institution produces all-round, innovative, and disciplined graduates who continually contribute immensely towards the manpower needed in Ghana’s industries.
Notwithstanding some teething problems, Accra Polytechnic has made tremendous progress through the review and expansion of curricula to suit contemporary needs. Courses offered are: Interior Architecture & Furnishing, Secretaryship and Management Studies, Bilingual Secretaryship and Management Studies, Accountancy, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Hotel Catering and Institutional Management, Fashion Design and Textiles, Mathematics and Statistics, and Science Laboratory Technology. The technology courses offered by the Polytechnic were maintained.
Job Title: Planning Officer
• Provides input to matters pertaining to academic planning and development of the Polytechnic;
• Establish a result-based monitoring and evaluation system;
• The annual statistical analysis and reporting on staff, students, infrastructure and research records;
• Assists in academic and other quality control design, implementation and review;
• Monitoring policy developments related to the tertiary education sector;
• Monitoring political, legislative, economic and social developments relevant to tertiary education for decision making;
• Preparation of academic calendar and a comprehensive Teaching Timetable for the University;
• Assist in providing organized data to all major stakeholders;
• Coordinate and arrange data to publish the Basic Statistics for matriculation & congregation each year
• Responsible for preparation and control of the department’s budget;
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Masters Degree in Planning OR equivalent professional certificate;
• Must have at least three (3) years post qualification experience in senior management; position in the field of Planning in tertiary institution, industry or any relevant public service organization; and
• Must be computer literate.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested qualified applicants may apply, providing an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and copies of their relevant certificates to:
ACCRA TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
P.O.BOX 561 ACCRA
Closing Date: 24 November, 2016