Posted on :
11 May, 2012
Careers in Ghana (CIG) is a global executive search and international recruitment company recruiting talents in a range of sectors and skill functions at the Graduate and Non Graduate, middle to senior levels. As a comprehensive supplier in Executive recruitment for mid to senior levels, At Careers in Ghana our simple philosophy is to attract high-caliber Ghanaian talent from around the world, ensuring you recruit the best in the market. We are recruiting for one of our clients
Job Title: Geologist – Head
Experience: 5- 20 years
Education Qualification: Bachelor in Geology
Location: West Africa
• Should possess experience in all spheres of geological activities in Mining Projects for exploration of Iron Ore especially in African countries.
• Should have experience in exploration- from target definition to resource definition.
• Should have worked in exploration of minerals(Iron-Ore); engaged in systematic mine planning, process and quality control, preparing geological reports and mining plan; experience in geological exploration of Iron Ore and other metals.
• Candidates with Masters Degree in Geology/Geo-mining/Ecology and Environment or M.Tech in Applied Geology/Geo-technology, with more than 15 years of relevant experience in exploration of minerals will be highly preferred.
• Exposure to resource modeling softwares i:e Geosoft, Surpac.
• Must have a valid passport and ready to work in African country is mandatory for this job.
• Candidate should be good in English ( Written / Verbal ) , sincere , hard working , dedicated , intelligent & be able to influence . Computer literate, ability to understand technical specification and communicate /convincing effectively is must.
• Candidates with experience in African countries would be given preference.
Job Description :
• Responsible for the technical and administrative supports for infrastructural studies such as topographic survey, geo-technical investigation, interaction with various Govt. Agencies, development of mining plan, environmental studies etc. and sourcing of various raw materials.
• Responsible for over-seeing the budget handling for exploration and mining operations across Africa.
• Manage and run exploration programs.
• Development of new business and Mineral Resource.
• Executing & managing all field related activities (Geological Mapping, Rock & Soil Geochemical Sampling, Putting Drilling Targets, Core Orientation, logging, Supervising Sample Preparation, QA/QC of Assay, etc) in various areas.
• Assisting in integrating and interpreting exploration data using Geological/GIS software viz. MapInfo Discover, Surfer, & Arc View, Geophysical Data Processing Software, Viz. Geosoft, QA/QC of Assays,As well as Mining software, viz. Datamine and determing next steps in exploration to get economic mineralized areas.
• Coordination between mines and process departments of the Project for smooth mines operation and process control for raw-mix.
• Planning and implementing ‘mines operating plan’ for the Greenfield Project for Coal & Iron Ore Mines.
Send Application (CV and Covering Letter) to : [email protected]
Visit Our Website: www.careersinghana.com