Posted on :
29 Sep, 2016
29 Sep, 2016
Ghana’s legal system was built on a foundation of received Anglo-Saxon common law, statutory law, and other documents, such as those heralding the legal existence of various military regimes. In addition to this received and imposed law, there is an enduring body of largely unwritten customary usages and practices that still are a contextual feature of the modem legal system of Ghana.
The legal pluralism is evidenced by a co existence of indigenous customary laws and practice, which received Anglo-Saxon common law, and some religious law, especially in the areas of marriage and inheritance events of the past and more recent events have also shaped Ghana’s legal system, and include the impact of British Colonialism, and more recently, its constitutional evolution, following independence.
Job Title: Deputy Director Of Logistics And Transport
Duties And Responsibilities:
To assist the Director of Logistics and Transport in performing the following duties
• Forecasting and planning to ensure efficient management of stock items.
• Policy Development and compliance.
• Develop policies on capacity building and training programmes for department’s staff.
• Supervision of other officers in the department.
• Ensure prompt actions in stock issues, receipts, data entries and any other related activities.
• Periodic reports on Logistics and Transport activities.
• Any other duties that may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Master’s Degree in Logistics and Transport/Supply Chain Management or its equivalent
• Professional Membership: CILT, CISCM or other related.
• At least five (5) years post qualification experience, preferably in a similar position with supervisory responsibilities.
• Good organisational and analytical skills.
• Proven track record in fleet management.
• Deploying capacity building and training schemes.
• Good leadership and managerial skills.
• Good communication skills (oral and written).
• Knowledge in Road Traffic Regulations, 2012 (L.I 2180).
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be directed to the address below:
THE JUDICIAL SECRETARY
P.O. BOX 119
Closing Date: 12 October, 2016