Posted on :
16 May, 2016
16 May, 2016
Kwaebibirem is a reputable rural bank in the Eastern Region seeking for qualified personnel for the following key position
Job Title: Assistant Internal Auditor
A reputable rural bank in the Eastern Region is seeking qualified personnel for the following key position: Assistant Internal Auditor
• To carry out audit of the Bank’s operation to ensure that transaction are undertaken on sound financial basis and in conformity with internal control systems and procedures, regulations, approved manual, budget and policies with the view of protecting the assets of the Organization
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop internal audit system, manual, plan and work programs
• Plan and execute audit activities within the Bank in accordance with audit manual, plan and program
• Review on continuous basis, existing systems, practices and controls (including bank reconciliations, loan files, account opening and closing procedures) with the view of bringing out weaknesses and recommending innovations for improved financial operational and management efficiency
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation.
• Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation and bring variances to Management and Board’s attention.
• Monitor the timely implementation of management actions to recommendations in audit reports.
• Carry out investigation and specific assignments on request by Management and the Board
• Prepare and submit quarterly reports on work performed during each quarter for management attention
• Any other duty that may be assigned by HEAD OF AUDT, Management and the Board
• Knowledge in financial regulations (banking act, company code, etc.) as well as accounting and audit standards
• Excellent knowledge about banking systems, knowledge in T-24 is an advantage.
• Ability to assess both manual and electronic operations of the bank and evaluate them critically.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline / working experience in Auditing will be an added advantage.
• Final professional certificate in Internal Audit/Finance/Accounting
• Minimum of Eight (5) years experience in Banking; preferably rural and community banking with three (1) year in senior management position
Location: Eastern Region
How To Apply
Interested Applicants are to submit their Applications through: The General ManagerKwaebibirem Rural Bank Limited P. O. Box 21 Asuom Head Office Or email to:-[email protected] Closing Date: 27 May, 2016 Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted