Posted on :
23 Jun, 2016
23 Jun, 2016
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the under-listed position/s in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the under served and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Community-Based Mobiliser (CBM)
Length of contract: One (1) year contract
• The Community-Based Mobiliser (CBM) will work closely with qualified and enrolled households in the selected programme pilot districts to engage beneficiaries on the importance of accessing BlueStar facilities.
• The CBM will be responsible for organising and facilitating community engagements with franchisees and providing directional support
• The CBM will report to the Project Coordinator and will be based in ten of the pilot districts. S/he is expected to travel to selected communities within the district.
• The duties and responsibilities presented below may change and develop as activities evolve and expand.
Key responsibilities include:
• Visit and educate qualified and enrolled households on the importance of accessing health care in BlueStar facilities
• Work closely with the National Health Insurance Agency (NHIA) at registration centres to educate clients
• Undertake community sensitization and mobilization with the respective facilities
• Collaborate with the BlueStar facilities to organise special event days to raise awareness
• Provide directional support and referral linkages to BlueStar facilities
• Document and keep proper client records of all activities
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of WASSCE or HND in any relevant area
• A qualification in community development or social work is essential
The person must:
• Have two (2) years’ work experience with the health sector and/or community mobilisation
• Willingness and ability to do field work and interact with communities
• Ability to communicate well in the local language/s
• Advocacy skills and familiarity in any of the above communities
• Articulate and analytical with attention to detail
• Client-focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels -Franchisees, Community etc.
• Self-motivator, Innovative, Initiative, team player and able to achieve results
• Must own a functioning mobile phone and be ready to receive payment through mobile money service/s
• Must possess a valid riding licence and must own or be ready to hire a motorbike
• Able to work in a context of rural standards and expectations
Location: Ashaiman, Bolgatanga, Kassena-Nankana, Ejisu, Kwabre, Adaklu, Ho, Fanteakwa and East Akim District
How To Apply For The Job
• These are an local positions. Interested non-Ghanaians must, therefore, have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to:
Director – Human Resource,
Organisation and Admin
Marie Stopes Int Ghana
PUB 267, Accra
Or by email through:
Closing Date: 29 June, 2016