MTN is a household name throughout much of Africa with a presence in 21 countries in African and the Middle East. It is rare today to go to an African capital and not see the presence of MTN from the cities to the most rural areas. This is evidence of a company that has truly brought a great service to millions of Africa’s entrepreneurs and citizens.
To effectively manage the respective teams that operate and maintain PS, CS & Access network elements that includes but not limited to MSS, MGW, BSC, RNC, HLR, CCN, CBC, SGSN, GGSN, SASN, SAPC, GPRS,NTS, MCF thereby delivering on the core network operations requirement.
- Introduction of new nodes, services and technologies.
- Develop new and optimize existing PPP to enhance efficiency
- Implement and manage escalation procedures and work flow.
- Ensure core nodes are updated with the latest SW release
- Responsible for Financial budget planning and expenditure control
- Audit and optimise configurations and parameters and ensure total configuration changes, ATPs and planned work without impacting negatively on traffic
- Improve network quality as per performance contract
- Set KPIs for direct reports, monitor progress and ensure performance of team
- Identify staff training & development needs and implement necessary actions
- Improve vendor support delivery per yearly target
- Ensure timely delivery of projects as per project plans
Education & Experience
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer Engineering
- At least 8 years’ experience on the job of which 5 years has been managing an operations and maintenance function in the telecommunications industry
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in telecommunication fundamentals
- Excellent knowledge in Network System technologies like GSM, WCDMA, and Transmission & IP networks, etc
- Advanced knowledge in GSM & WCDMA networks’ architecture, topology, protocols and Interfaces like CCITT 7, BSSAP, MAP, ISUP, GCP, SIP, BICC, IPBCP, QAAL2 etc
- Good knowledge in Management systems associated to different architectures, Manager of Managers such as OSS, M2000 etc
- Excellent knowledge in Windows OS, UNIX & Linux and Microsoft Office suite
- In depth Knowledge of IP and data Networking
- Good knowledge in financial management, budgeting and expenditure control
- Good knowledge in procurement tender processes
- Advanced knowledge in project management principles
- Good knowledge in business continuity management and risk management
Click here to view Jobs and Apply Online