Posted on :
7 Nov, 2016
7 Nov, 2016
The Resiliency in Northern Ghana (RING) project is a 5-year integrated project funded by the USAID Feed the Future (FtF) Initiative and is designed to contribute to Government of Ghana (GoG) efforts to sustainably reduce poverty and improve the nutritional status of vulnerable populations. The goal of RING is improved livelihoods and nutritional status of households in Ghana.
Job Title: IT Assistant
Reporting Relationship: IT Manager
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain the IT service desk system by answering and/or assigning all requests that come through and assuring the completion of all tasks.
• Set up and configure laptops/desktops for new and existing staff.
• Provide assistance in the use of project computer hardware and software.
• Assist the IT Manager with the development and maintenance of the project database
• Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, and implement corrective actions within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate.
• Administer user and computer accounts
• Additional duties as required
The duties listed above are not inclusive of all duties on the RING project. Global Communities reserves the right to change and update the position descriptions at any time.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Experience troubleshooting and fixing computer system problems
• The ability to provide desktop/laptop hardware and software support
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office
• A Degree in an IT related field
• Knowledge of the DHIS2 open source database platform a plus
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidate should send their applications together with CVs to:
Closing Date: 30 November, 2016
There are no third parties involved in this recruitment.