Senior Field/QA Engineer – Ahafo Operations
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Engineering Superintendent and will perform field engineering and quality assurance (QA) activities and ensure all projects deliverables meet project specifications, standards and within schedules.
- Develop and implement quality assurance plans for construction projects as well as prepare and issue weekly PIF report
- Coordinate with contractors and construction supervisors to ensure project quality and milestone dates are achieved
- Prepare project scope of work for engineering and construction works
- Prepare bill of quantity and project cost estimate
- Prepare and update project initiation form (PIF) register and schedules
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in civil/structural/mechanical Engineering
- Must have a minimum 10 years’ experience in mining or other heavy industry projects, with at least 6 years’ experience in quality assurance or quality control
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision and in a team
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of using MS Office package, AutoCAD, including MS project
How To Apply
If you would like to be considered for this position, please send your application letter and current CV with references, indicating your e-mail address, telephone contact information to the address below:
The Human Resources Manager
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited
P. O. Box 59
Kenyasi, Brong Ahafo Region
Or email to: [email protected]Please indicate the job applied for on the envelope and in the subject line of the email. Applying through email is preferable.
Closing date: 04 Nov, 2011