Posted on :
9 Aug, 2023
9 Aug, 2023
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as per the details below:
Job Title: Engineering Systems Officer
JOB POSTING: Engineering Systems Officer
STRATUM OF ROLE : I H
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
CLOSING DATE: 1st August 2023
The System Officer will be accountable for controlling the quality of and maintaining the management information system, improving management document control practices, maintaining information systems up to date, meeting legal record control requirements, Support the Engineering projects and Systems superintendent in SAP PM and also:
• Coordinate the ANSI process and resolution of technical queries for engineering
• Provide the document control of all MOS templates and workflow, tools and procedures as gathered within the MOS SharePoint structure.
• Verify compliance of all areas consistent with AGAG’s vision and values.
• Work as example to create a suitable safe work environment to motivate staff, employees, and contractors to achieve optimum effectiveness, productivity, and operating costs.
• Monitor SAP PM System usage for compliance.
• Provide guidance and training in the MOS workflows, the design of new workflows, documents, and information systems.
• Verify the compliance with MOS framework procedures in and across all areas of the site.
• Verify SAP PM module usage compliance by identifying shortfalls and providing guidance.
• Maintain meeting records, agreed actions, and follow up to ensure actions are completed.
• Recognise the need for, recommend and install improvements in management document control practices
• Maintain the management information system.
• Maintain the Management Operating System (MOS) SharePoint file structure and verify document and version control is maintained
• Train, where necessary, all areas in the correct processes and procedures to maintain the Management Operating System (MOS) SharePoint document system in correct usage
• Identify and address MOS implementation and operation risks, by communicating potential issues to stakeholders in a timely manner.
• Proactively identify and execute change in MOS processes, the MOS schedule and document quality issues.
• Recognize and escalate shortfalls in SAP PM usage in planning resources required to support operations and efficient utilization of SAP.
• Audit and check the correct usage of the MOS systems, processes, procedures, and documents in all areas of the operation on site.
• Apply MOS best practice, systems, policies, procedures, and processes to all internal project requirements.
• Recognise breakdowns in the MOS processes and instigate corrective action; escalate outstanding corrective actions, close out completed actions.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree or equivalent in, Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
• Certificate in SAP PM
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in maintenance Engineering or business process improvement or in Similar Role
• Archival and/or document control experience is a plus
• Project planning highly regarded preferably owner’s team, multidisciplined, design, construction and commissioning experience, with contractor management experience, within a large blue-chip mining or resources environment.
• SAP PM
• Advance MS Visio
• MS Office with excellent Excel financial reporting ability.
• Highly flexible, able to balance competing demands/priorities.
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Audit, compliance and governance.
• Ability to mentor and coach personnel.
• Ability to present to management and key stakeholders