Posted on :
7 Nov, 2016
7 Nov, 2016
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont‘s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programmes in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: Engineer III
To supervise and carry out short and long term mine design and scheduling, project analyses and feasibility stud i es, ore control, reconciliation, geo-technical analysis, mine engineering systems analysis and design, and preparation of detailed reports.
• Responsible and accountable for identification, implementation, administration and maintenance of real-time knowledge and production systems in mine operations.
• Supervises, instructs and mentors junior mining engineers and technicians.
• Works closely with other departments including Mine Operations,Process Operations,Geology,Project Construction, Accounting, Land and Environmental
• Prepare, review and evaluate mine designs, mine plans, ore control, project feasibility and productivity studies.
• Carry out projects of broad scope that will require the interface and/or functioning as a project leader to coordinate work of other engineering and support staff.
• Assist supervisor in preparing operating, capital budgets, mine engineering loss-control functions.
• Ensure of following the execution functions:
Production scheduling and budgeting
Waste dump, stockpile and road designs and scheduling
Analysis of costs and cutoff grades
Pit slope monitoring
Stockpile inventory accounting
Mine equipment studies
Blast pattern design
Reconciliation of Mine plans to actual production
Reconciliation of predicted to actual equipment requirements
Productivity analyses/improvement studies
Con-current reclamation planning and design
Manage the flow of information (in and out) for the FMS
Set up adequate priorities and restrictions according to mine plans agreed upon at the Operations-Planning meetings.
Supervise the FMS infrastructure maintenance contractors and providers (other mine operations systems could be within the scope of this position).
Coordinate with field supervision equipment physical allocation and opportunities for optimizing
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards, Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Primarily office, required to access mining areas, rough terrain, or exploration sites on a daily basis.
• Must be sensitive to cultural differences at the operations within the Company
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum requirement B.S. degree in Engineering and minimum
• Mining or heavy mineral industry experience is required
• 5 years of experience in an open pit are necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrate strong supervisory, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to use the following software where applicable:
• Demonstrate leadership in the mine planning activities
• Strong presentation, facilitation, and consultation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Good personnel management skills
• Ability to lead, coordinate with mining crews and other departments to execute mine plan and projects.
• Attain statutory certification as and when required
Requisition ID: 161519