Golden Star (Wassa) Limited, a subsidiary of Golden Star Resources (GSIR), with head office in Denver, USA, is a gold mining company situated at Akyempim in the Mpohor Wassa East District of the Western Region.
The company is seeking to employ a suitable Ghanaian to fill the position below at the Project Department.
Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the successful candidate shall ensure that spending on all major projects are done in accordance with Company Corporate control policies.
The successful candidate shall:
- Review all spending on projects and ensure contractor/supplier’s billing is in accordance with contract
- Review costs charged to each project and ensure costs allocated correctly
- Prepare a high level analysis of actual compared to budgeted performance and obtain explanations of variance from operational personnel
- Review CAPEX report for all Ghana Operational and make recommendations of areas/departments that require further analysis
- Prepare and analyze monthly group capital expenditure report to identify potential cost explanations of variance from operational personnel
- Perform financial management analysis as requested by Group Business Operations Manager
- Attend Industry related meetings when required
- Review of tax computations and develop a Total Tax Contribution forecasting model
- Review Ghana operations budgets and forecasts
- Assist Head of Department with the analysis of contracts and estimate the potential cost implications of the contract
Remuneration: This is a Management position and goes with a very competitive salary package and other fringe benefits
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree or diploma in accounting or business administration with knowledge in cost accounting and budgeting
- Professional qualification in CA, Ghana or its equivalent
- A minimum of tow (2) years experience in mining industry and a recognised accounting firm
- Self Starter and self motivated with a drive to achieve timely and quality results
- High level computer literacy with pronto ERP system is an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Should be a team player and have the ability to work under intense pressure
- A holder of a valid Ghanaian Motor Vehicle driving license
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications with CVs, photocopies of certificates and other relevant documents, through:[email protected] or the addresses below:
THE HR & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
GOLDEN STAR (WASSA) LIMITED
P. M. B.
Closing 17 Aug, 2011