Posted on :
29 Jul, 2014
29 Jul, 2014
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist, Procurement
Plan, direct and coordinate the activities of buyers, purchasing officers, and related workers involved in purchasing materials products, and services.
• Ensure that Total Cost of Ownership targets are met and/or exceeded
• Drive for early Strategic Sourcing involvement in the project lifecycle to better influence strategy and results through the establishment of a commodity specific Category Advisory boards
• Develop and implement effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business and/or the entire enterprise.
• Develop sourcing strategies and market approach, negotiating “best in class commercial solutions aligned to business drivers or delivering specified components thereof.
• Undertake defined aspects of key commercial activities necessary to support delivery of the commercial solution (e.g. Contract Due Diligence) – undertake relevant analysis as required at key stages of the sourcing process.
• Manage the handover of commercial arrangements into live operation post contract award
• Researches, identifies and analyzes current supplier and market trends
• Benchmarks new processes, approaches and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results
• Contribute to the development of the strategic sourcing vision strategic 5-year plan) and annual operating plan. Set and re-evaluate priorities in accordance with business needs and expectations.
• Builds and leverages strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers
• Develop and lead implementation of supply chain process improvements
Qualification Required & Experience
• First degree in Commerce, Business, Law, Real Estates, Engineering, Procurement, IT or related discipline. A professional qualification in Procurement will be an added advantage
Knowledge & Experience:
• 6 years practical experience in Logistics and Facilities planning and buying, extensive knowledge of Sourcing and Supplier Management techniques within RES or IT environment – i.e. ReaL Estates & Facilities and IT equipment & services
Skills & Abilities:
• Strong communication, negotiation and persuasion skills (across the business.
• Independent, socially confident, quick to establish rapport and build credibility with all stakeholders
• Ability to listen and probe customers effectively to ensure proper understanding of needs
• People management skills, including team building, team motivation, goal planning and optimizing team skills to deliver results.
• Risk management and Project Management skills
• Strong customer focus and service orientation
• Creative, analytical with good problem solving skills
• High emotional intelligence
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate strategy into business plans
Interested persons may e-mail their application letter and current Curriculum Vitae (CV) to:
Closing Date: 01 August, 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.