Posted on :
11 Jul, 2016
11 Jul, 2016
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited has been in operation since 1896, when it was known as the Bank of British West Africa. Today we are one of the leading banks in the country.
Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
It is committed to building a sustainable business over the long term in Ghana and is trusted worldwide for upholding high standards of corporate governance, social responsibility, environmental protection and employee diversity.
The Bank’s heritage and values are expressed in its brand promise, ‘Here for good’.
Review of Operations
Corporate & Institutional Banking
Standard Chartered Bank offers its corporate and institutional clients comprehensive banking solutions with particular emphasis on relationship banking.
Work on a specific portfolio of clients
*Client facing role primarily responsible for working with Global Account Managers (GAM) and product partners to deepen client relationships & drive revenue growth.
* Responsible to support post deal account maintenance and management of the risk associated with the portfolio
* Ensure account conduct is in compliance with key policies and procedures
* Support post origination activities such as approvals, documentation, reporting, etc by engaging with Client and relevant internal stakeholders
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Ensure Team adherence to the Code of Conduct
* Imbibe the principles of Leading the Way
* Drive roll out and institutionalisation of Alignment & Accountability
* Understand products and capabilities of the Firm internally & externally
* Leverage product, industry & region expertise, and the Firm’s resources
* Understand and demonstrate focus on client service needs
* Demonstrate the ability to build client relationships.
* Lead pitches and deal execution meetings
* Use product knowledge to support new business origination, development & execution
* Recognize & Flag cross sell opportunities
* Coach and manage the work allocation amongst Peers and Juniors in the team
* Prioritise and manage the expectation of Senior Bankers on deliverables
* Drive deal execution and new idea generation independent of Senior Bankers
* Develop and form an opinion on deal/transaction issues; effectively articulate and defend a position
* Knowledgeable of key industry trends where applicable and its related implications on the business/clients
* Display confidence and credibility to execute transactions and to achieve client objectives
* Be aligned with the Firm’s Values and Beliefs
* Ensure that the work environment embraces diversity by building an inclusive culture
Qualifications and Skills
* University Degree or Professional Qualification in a relevant discipline
* Minimum of 8 years work experience, five (5) of which must be in Corporate Banking roles
* Proven track record of experience in dealing with multinational clients
* Strong interpersonal skills, capable of developing relationships with individuals from across different areas of the Bank
* Sound understanding of Financial Markets & Transaction Banking products, ability to influence product partners and help deliver structured solutions
* Flexibility to work across different transactions and situations globally, and change priorities at short notice
* Demonstrate strong work ethics
* Consistently demonstrate integrity
* Consistently exercise good judgment
* Demonstrate strong negotiation skills (with internal and external stakeholders)
* Responsive to requests from Senior Bankers
* Ability to manage data and support effective MIS
* Anticipate client needs and respond effectively