Thaï Union Frozen (TUF) acquired MW Brands on October 29th 2010, thereby strengthening its position in the global seafood business arena. It is a significant major step forward, bringing new opportunities for its customers, consumers and employees.
Thai Union Europe is one of the leading ambient seafood businesses in Europe selling its products mainly in the UK, France, Italy, Ireland and the Netherlands. Thai Union Europe focuses on tuna and added value tuna, but also sells a comprehensive range of salmon, mackerel, sardines, seafood spreads and other seafood products.
Job Title: Assistant Manager, DBA & Business Analyst
JOB PURPOSE :
The role is to ensure that Marel implementation at PFC is robust and has maximum up-time and stability
KEY OUTPUTS :
Implement & Stabilize Marel system at PFC –
- Become fully conversant with all Marel Innova end-to-end barcoding processes and build a thorough understanding of Innova configuration.
- Enforce strict change control process from initial analysis with business through to successful sign-off after user acceptance testing
- Liaise with business to implement and improve good practices – role based access control, downtime procedures etc.
- Assist with building end user / IT training materials and delivering training
Support the Marel implementation at PFC –
- Second line support for the Marel Application/Systems/Network related issues (On-call for urgent out of hours support)
- To be able to check that transactions are clean and assist business in analyzing and fixing anomalies / errors
- A good understanding of database architecture and hands-on experience of software and database management systems
- Perform any / all Shift Support requirements if required
- Follow-up outstanding software/systems/network issues and re-prioritize if necessary
Have the right Technical Skills to be able to see the job through –
- Intermediate to expert SQL skills for Data Extractions, Transformations, and Loading (ETL).
- Excellent Database Management skills: Installation, Configuration, Upgrade/Migration, Security, Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
- Development of Business Intelligence Reports
- Excellent problem-solving and organizational skills
- Test changes made by supplier and provide full details of any issues
The ability to communicate well and run project administration –
- Attend stakeholder meetings and provide updates regarding outstanding issues
- Twice weekly process by process walkthrough
- Good team-working skills
- Follow up orders with suppliers and provide clearing documentation to logistics team.
- Manage all Environmental, Health and Safety issues in your area of responsibility in line with Company policy.
- Manage all Quality issues in your area of responsibility in line with Company policy
- Deliver any adhoc projects/duties requested by Management
- Business or IT Graduate with experience as Database Administrator / Business Analyst
- MSDBA/MCSE/ CCNA
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role, ideally in an industrial environment
- A self-starter able to work independently with minimum supervision and deliver quick results / solutions
- Effective communication skills at all levels and the ability to deliver trainings
- Ability and willingness to work with stakeholders and customers at all levels from shop-floor to leadership team
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office tools
- Proficiency in SQL