The Solar team is looking for a construction engineer / supervisor, willing to act as resident engineer for a project in Ghana. In your role as construction supervisor you will be involved from contracting until operational stage of the project, with a focus on the construction phase. You will act either on behalf of the Sponsor or the Lender or the owner as a resident engineer and supervise the construction works on the client’s behalf, which will involve a continuous presence on site for several months.
The engineer should have in-depth knowledge and field expertise with regards to the construction and commissioning of solar energy projects. Previous experience in Africa or other development countries is a plus.
Job Title: Construction Engineer/Supervisor Solar
You will start with a mission of between 3-4 months as a resident engineer onsite for one of our project in Ghana. Here, your tasks will consist of the supervision and day-to-day management of the construction works for RE projects:
- Supervise the progress of the works delivered by the contractors and report on any delays incurred.
- Follow-up on project budget and report on actual costs.
- Assess the quality of the works delivered in accordance to the contract and anticipate to any defects.
- Inspect the components delivered on site and identify any (transportation) defect.
- Coordinate the implementation of EHS regulation on site.
- Organise weekly site meeting and prepare reports to the client, external advisors, …
- Coordinate the different works amongst each contractor and external parties (grid operator, local authorities…) .
- In parallel or for future assignments you might act as a lender’s / owner’s engineer for other projects, that do not require continuous on site presence. In this role your tasks will consist of:
- Full scope technical due diligence including contract review, PPA review, financial model review, technology assessment, grid connection agreements, assessment of BOP design, …
- Contract Review and negotiations.
- Construction Monitoring: drawdown reporting, quality assessment, monthly follow-up of planning and budget, …
- Supervision of installation and commissioning of measurement stations.
- Tender preparation and follow-up/management of the tender process