To manage the production plant resources effectively, to meet manufacturing requirements/targets through leading, planning and evaluating of operations whiles providing leadership for the plant team to ensure customer satisfaction OTIF and organisational optimisation. To manage, direct and provide a cost effective leadership in the aspect of SHEQ to meet production and company requirements to group and legal compliance
The principal accountabilities of the successful applicant will include:
- To ensure that SHE requirements are met and improve SHEQ for plants and off-sites and ensure company SHE Policies are implemented to meet corporate requirements, safe operating of all equipment and human resources.
- To plan and conduct SHEQ Audits and ensure that all non – conformances both internal and external are closed out within the required time limits so as to meet company requirements.
- To improve people performance and capability
- To achieve expected plant efficiency by implementing manufacturing policy, identify capacity needs, evaluate daily production and develop production superintendent and supervisors trouble shooting capability so as to continually improve the efficiency of the plants at an optimum cost.
- To meet customer requirements within agreed parameters and implement quality management system
- To assist in preparation of operations budgets and control cost within same and manage plant level operating costs within budget and rolling forecast to ensure we do not exceed the agree expenditure and keep operating costs to the minimum.
- To produce report on all areas as required to guide management for efficient operations
- To perform any other duties within his/her competencies as the exigencies of the job require to ensure efficient and continuous business operations
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a tertiary qualification in Engineering or Physical Sciences or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant production and SHE management experience in an explosives, or manufacturing industry
- Professional qualification in occupational safety, or holder of certificate of competency as Safety Superintendent will be an advantage
- A business qualification to demonstrate thorough knowledge in total quality management processes and systems, six sigma and production processes and project management will be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), Excellent Inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership and coaching skills, Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good customer relationship management skills, Excellent reporting skills
How to Apply
Interested persons should apply in writing plus a CV to: The Human Capital Manager, AEL Mining Services, P.O. Box 58, Bogoso, Ghana, not later than 1st of December, 2014. All applications should be sent as attachments electronically to: [email protected] . The subject line for the email should read: “Operations Manager”