Posted on :
9 Dec, 2020
9 Dec, 2020
Africa World Airlines Limited (AWA) is a new Ghanaian registered private-sector company formed with the sole vision of making air travel an option for majority of travelers within the markets in which we operate.
Job Title: Driver
• Department: HR & Admin
• Reports to: Transport Manager
• Location: Accra
• The driver is responsible for transporting flight crew and staff in a safe and timely manner. The driver shall ensure the safety and security of operations while carrying out duties and shall report to the Transport Manager.
• Comply with all safety, security and quality standards and procedures of Africa World Airlines, GCAA and other regulatory authorities.
• Present a professional appearance by always wearing the company’s uniforms and the safety equipment provided.
• Must follow Company procedures to ensure the vehicle is maintained at all times.
• Operate Company vehicles as assigned safely in all types of weather and traffic conditions according to Company’s schedule.
• Pick up and discharge crew/staff at designated points/locations safely.
• Regulate heating and ventilating equipment on the vehicle for the comfort of crew/staff.
• Carry out vehicle checks daily at the beginning and the end of the shift and report any security and/or mechanical defect to the Transport Manager.
• Ensure that the regulation regarding the maximum number of crew/staff carried in the vehicle at a time is complied with.
• Ensure the vehicles’ exterior and interior are kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Report any accidents and vehicle damages as well as matters affecting the efficiency and day to day running of the service before close of day.
• Should operate vehicle securely at all times.
• To carry out any other duties as assigned by the Transport Manager
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of SSCE certificate or equivalence.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in driving.
• Should have a minimum of License C.
• Should be able to read and express himself clearly.
• A certificate in the Auto mechanical field is an advantage.
• Good general health and fitness.
• Good vision and hearing.
• Demonstrate excellent knowledge of traffic laws and regulations.
• Demonstrate knowledge of motor vehicle functionality.
• Demonstrate excellent driving skills.
• Demonstrate knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
• Skilled in driving light and heavy vehicles.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Oral and written communication skills.
• Self-starter, highly motivated and disciplined.
How To Apply
Suitable and interested applicants should send their CVs and cover letters to: [email protected]