Posted on :
18 Jun, 2018
18 Jun, 2018
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank (AfDB) is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services. The complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity and, health and safety strategies.
Job Title: Training Assistant
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT/DIVISION:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the HR Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, CHHR department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and HR delivery, Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts(SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking, HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
The Staff Development and Training Division embeds a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective talent and performance management including strategic sourcing and career development and mobility, Leadership Development, compensation and reward and policy and compliance
Reporting to the Officer – Leadership and Employee Development, the Training Assistant supports Training and Development function of the Bank and specifically coordinates all activities relating to training delivery, evaluation & budgets.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Officer-Leadership and Employee Development, the incumbent will undertake the following Key Responsibilities :
Learning and Development Administration
1. Draft learning concepts notes for approval by supervisor, organise publication of associated training events and logistical requirements; seeking support as may be needed
2. Support processes relating to on boarding and induction programs; monitoring and reporting on attendance of scheduled programs/ learning events for all Bank staff.
3. Assist in handling of learning and development applications.
4. Assist in the maintenance and updating of the team’s library of training providers and training resources.
5. Ensure the establishment, safe storage and appropriate disposal of centrally held learning and development files.
6. Assist in undertaking learning and training needs analysis for the Bank.
7. Assist in the development of annual learning and development plans.
8. Support the design, administration and maintenance of evaluation records.
9. Serve as focal point for training participants: deal with enquiries/messages in the absence of the Learning Officers, both face to face and over the telephone, from a variety of sources, including staff, Consultants, providers, etc.
10. Assure printing of training support materials and handouts for training courses, and assist with the creation or formatting of these where relevant.
11. Keep the SAP Training database, the shared folder and traditional training files up to date.
12. Maintain all the required documents in a secure, efficient, and organized location.
13. Maintain hardcopies and electronic copies of all records and correspondence to ensure continuity of training.
14. Assist with budget preparation, budget planning, monitoring and tracking.
Training Event Administration
15. Lead core administrative and logistical activities for training programs/ events; including setup of rooms/ venues, catering arrangements; changing the layout of furniture, ensuring all required equipment are in place.
16. Provide delegated support to external service providers.
17. Prepare training event materials e.g. evaluation forms, prepare lists and any other materials agreed in advance.
18. Ensure timely distribution of electronic training handouts to all participants.
19. Manage staff attendances, absences at learning and training events and collate the data for required action .e.g. cost recovery.
20. Keep track of daily learning, training and development expenditure by supporting the unit in analysing L&D spend across the organization by collating expenses by complexes and field offices.
21. Contribute actively towards team and organizational objectives in line with the business needs of the section and the division.
22. Maintain and update Training database for all participants through SAP training module system, produce reports, reports/statistical information for Training officers as and when required. Support colleagues in the use of the database as required.
23. Monitor training missions in the system
24. Send out course evaluation (feedback) questionnaires following training courses and compile.
Support to E-learning:
25. Support in the storage and update of staff learning historical records.
26. Provide hands on support to the e-learning team.
27. Assist the development of web graphics for the marketing of the KLMS in the Bank.
28. Assist in the maintenance and update of learning and development pages of the Intranet.
29. Process payment of training invoice for annual subscriptions, hotels, internal consultants and various providers
30. Ensure payment of per diem and reimbursement of travel expenses. Prepare a statement of expenditures to be sent to the Financial Department.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
1. Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree or BAC+4 or Maîtrise or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other related disciplines;
2. A certification or training in learning design and implementation will be an added advantage
3. Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in progressive positions preferably with international organization.
4. Practical experience in administration of knowledge and training is desirable.
5. Knowledge of training and staff development delivery mechanisms
6. Ability to effectively manage training logistics
7. Ability to build effective working relations with colleagues
8. Good knowledge of budgeting and planning are an asset
9. A high sense of initiative, enthusiasm and good team spirit, good organizational and interpersonal skills are strongly desired
10. Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, and to complete tasks independently with minimal supervision;
11. Ability to grasp and quickly learn internal systems with flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and the creativity in delivering solutions to business issues and problems.
12. Ability to deal with multiple tasks simultaneously and to identify and manage interdependencies;
13. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to deal with all levels of the client organization in a diverse, international institution structure.
14. Strong time management and organizational skills;
15. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically.
16. Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other.
17. Advance IT skills with the ability to design graphics, web pages and update information on the Intranet is a requirement; Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications and knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage .