African Mining Services (AMS) is one of the largest Contract Mining Companies in Africa with established support networks in Africa, Australia and Europe. AMS is a wholly owned subsidiary of Perenti. African Mining Services is currently seeking an experienced Training Manager to become a part of our African operations. Reporting to the Perenti Mining Manager of Training, this position will be responsible for providing guidance and leadership to the Training team and to give support and advice to Management on training and safety related issues on site. This position can be based of Accra or Bankyim, Ghana.
Job Title: Training Manager
- Implement the Perenti Training Management System across the AMS business.
· Provide support to Training Superintendents to manage compliance in relation to training and GAP analysis’ with appropriate plans.
- Conduct training audits to ensure site training compliance
- Develop and mentor the Workplace Trainers and Assessors team within the Training Department
- Coordinate Training Superintendents across multiple countries in Africa.
- Provide guidance to the Training team at the Perenti Training Centre in Maun, Botswana.
- Manage the simulator fleet across operations.
- Work closely with Safety Department to continuously improve safety and environmental standards.
- Formal Training & Assessment qualifications
- 10 years experience in the mining industry
- Experience in managing teams across multiple jurisdictions and / or countries
- High level understanding of training systems and processes
What we can offer:
- Competitive remuneration package
- The stability and security that comes with a full-time permanent position
- Ability for internal growth throughout a company that currently operates in 5 countries within Africa