AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: SENIOR GEOLOGIST – EXPLORATION.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Senior Geologist – Exploration is to Develop, implement and supervise the cost-effective exploration work programmes in support of the weekly, monthly, and quarterly site plans at Obuasi.
- Establish the necessary Exploration processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal geological exploration planning data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Exploration cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Exploration function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geology department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years exploration geology experience in relevant gold deposits.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in developing and implementing exploration programs.
- Basic Understanding of Safety Leadership is required;
- Basic Application of Applied Geological Methods is required.
- Basic Application of Geological Methods is required.
- Mine Geology Methods
- Plan (BA)
- Mining and Plant (BU)
- Ore loss and dilution (BU)
- Grade Control (BU)
- Ore Accounting (BU)
- Geotechnical and Geohydrological (BU)
- Basic Understanding of most items in Estimation Methods is required.
- Basic Application of the following is required:
- Exploration Methods
- Operational Management
- Business Planning
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Creating a disciplined team to deliver the planned work to the defined standards.
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development.
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Maximizing performance & achievement of results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results,
- Displaying technical and professional expertise, in the delivery of the current and near-term exploration plans
Interested Ghanaians with the above qualification and experience should submit their applications, with detailed CV.
CLOSING DATE: 18TH MARCH, 2019.