AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Reliability Engineer – Fleet.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Reliability Engineer – Fleet is accountable for systematically defining, designing, developing, monitoring and refining asset maintenance tactics and strategies to facilitate reliability centered maintenance systems implementation and development of world-class maintenance practices for Underground and Surface Mobile Plant (Fleet), and related infrastructure/facilities belonging to this area.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Maintenance Engineering, or equivalent
- MLA, Ultrasonic analysis, Thermography level 1
- Certified RCA facilitator
- Financial, commercial and project management through work experience and courses
- An experienced Mechanical/ Electrical engineer with over 5 years’ experience in mobile equipment maintenance
- A strong track record of implementing maintenance improvement projects for mobile equipment such as loaders, dump trucks and drills
- Experience in management of Maintenance and Repair Contracts (MARC) and Mobile equipment.
- Experience in Project Management
- Knowledge of SAP PM module
- Strong competencies in mobile equipment maintenance and reliability philosophies
- Strong technical knowledge of major HMEs such as Drills, Loaders and Trucks
- Strong data analysis skills
- Sound project management skills
- Should have analytical skills to be able to evaluate information and solve complex problems.
- Commercially astute and able to work effectively with third parties.
- Legally astute to project delivery and maintenance systems.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Project and Excel
- Must be able to communicate about technical issues both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge in AGA standards
- Knowledge in OEM legalities and mining regulations
- Demonstrated understanding of good engineering practices and the implementation of proactive maintenance strategies