AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: SENIOR GEOLOGIST – EVALUATION.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The purpose of the Senior Geologist – Evaluation role is to generate reliable Resource models for business planning purposes.
- Establish the necessary Evaluation processes and practices for the redevelopment of the Obuasi Mine, including requirements for Operational Readiness
- Provide unequivocal geological evaluation data to enable the quarterly updates of the rolling 18-month plan to be produced on time.
- Develop the annual Evaluation cost centre budget to achieve the required targets for achieving annual, medium term and LoM business plans
- Deliver the work of the Evaluation function within approved budget targets and specified timeframes, costs and related KPIs
- Demonstrate Safety Leadership and improve the Culture across the Geology department and with own team regarding Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainable Development
- Provide the resources and expertise to develop the team to capably and consistently deliver the annual budget, according to their role and level of authority
- Rigorously drive implementation of projects and nurture and sustain a culture of Accountability and Continuous Improvement within team
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with Internal Stakeholders (Corporate, Group Planning & Technical, sister mines, CARO etc.) and external Stakeholders (Regulatory Agencies and Authorities, Minerals Commission) to establish existing and changing societal and regulatory expectations and requirements
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 years general geology and Resource estimation experience.
- A good knowledge of geostatistics
- Exposure to exploration and mine geology
- A good working knowledge of Resource estimation software packages
- A good working knowledge of databases, laboratories and assay QAQC.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Applied Geological Methods
- Drilling (BU)
- Sampling (BA)
- Logging (BU)
- Mapping (BU)
- Coreyard (BU)
- Assaying (BA)
- Database (BA)
- Equipment (BA)
- Basic application of the following Geological Theory is required:Mine Geology Methods
- Plan (BA)
- Mining and Plant (BU)
- Ore loss and dilution (BA)
- Grade Control (BA)
- Ore Accounting (BU)
- Geotechnical and Geohydrological (BU)
- Exploration Methods
- Basic Understanding of the following is required:
- Exploration Methods
- Estimation Methods
- Operational Management
- Business Planning
- Operational Excellence
- Project Management
- Fostering a team environment – inspiring and motivating others, promoting collaboration and team work, developing others, communicating prolifically
- Managing oneself – taking ownership of one’s personal development;
- Building effective working relationships – the ability to build and maintain effective collateral and cross functional working relationship;
- Building trust & accountability – displaying high levels of integrity and honesty;
- Creating organizational transformation – displaying strategic perspectives in adapting plans for achieving organizational objectives;
- Maximizing performance results – solving problems and analyzing issues, driving for results,
- Displaying technical and professional expertise, innovating, taking initiative, championing change, establishing stretch goals