AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited is currently on a journey to redevelop the Obuasi Gold Mine into a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation will be fully mechanized, designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as
Job Title: Electrical Technician – Underground.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
The Electrical Technician – Underground is accountable for executing all types of electrical maintenance on Secondary Fans, Sub Stations, Running/laying Cables, etc. (shift – 3, regular – 5) in a safe and compliant manner as instructed during refurbishment, later maintenance, of the Underground Infrastructure.
The work is to be executed in accordance with detailed tasking in accordance with applicable Government of Ghana and AGAG safety and environmental requirements.
- Work compliantly with the requirement of Government of Ghana Agencies, environmental, health & safety legislation and AGAG regulation
- Accept personal responsibility for his own health and safety and that of every mine worker affected by his work
- Adhere to site’s Environmental Management Plan
- Interface with Contractors as directed and/or Construction teams regarding mechanical work tasks for refurbishment works and planned works that support the overall work plan, schedule and expectations.
- Attend training, development and performance improvement training as required
- Execute electrical refurbishment and maintenance work items as tasked – compliant and in accordance with all relevant regulations from Government of Ghana and AGAG
- Execute daily pre-start checks of equipment/tools prior to leaving workshop. Escalate and report any anomalies
- Assess all equipment required for completion of the tasked work, create checklist and transport all tools necessary for task completion
- Recognise any machine, equipment or crane operation anomalies that would indicate requirements for maintenance, report and escalate.
- Provide data and information to support the Maintenance Planner to close out work orders in SAP on completion of the tasked work for all process plant and equipment refurbishment and maintenance activities.
- Operate all equipment within the safe working envelope and take proactive measures to address symptoms of potential failure.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary education level
- Certificate of successful completion of respected electrical trade apprenticeship (example: City and Guilds)
- Five (5) years of experience of post-apprenticeship work in an electrical trade
- Familiarity with the Ghana Minerals and Mining (Health Safety and Technical) Regulation
- Fully literate and numerate
- Fully competent in electrical trade
- Knowledge in crane safe operation