Antal Ghana has worked very hard and built itself a strong reputation in the market as the most recommended Recruitment Company to international companies for recruiting the best caliber of employees to Start or Expand their operations.
As a comprehensive supplier in various Human Capital services, we operate across a range of sectors and skill functions at the mid to senior levels, Antal Ghana aims to provide high quality global Human Capital solutions locally to companies in Ghana and Africa at large with our diverse team of Top Recruitment Consultants.
We seek to assist international organizations looking to set up in Ghana, expand their operations in Ghana and local companies with the right Talents to hire, develop and retain for the achievement of their corporate and business strategies.
Job Title: Solar Design Enginner
- Manage proposals and the bid/award process for obtaining these services, and will provide project management and design consultation for all projects. Design to include; scope of work, complete bill of materials, specifications, bid drawings and project schedule.
- Produce pre-conceptual designs with accompanying production estimates and review structural, geotechnical, environmental, permitting, and zoning challenges for projects.
- Review solar system engineering designs, modeling, and performance data, and provide engineering support during the construction process.
- Manage outside consultants to obtain assessments of project structural or geotechnical considerations, interconnect issues, and to identify the required approvals from Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJs).
- Review the costs of structural estimates, interconnection, permitting agreements, production estimates, and assessment of commercial risk factors. Oversee the development of structural and electrical design requirements as well as customer defined requirements.
- Provide final bids, proposals, and RFIs, and provide support during construction and commissioning.
- Maintain design and proposal requirements, knowledge of codes and standards, design procedures, methods and process, improve efficiency of project development and project selection process
The position is open to expatriates only
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical or Computer Software engineering. A Master’s Degree and PMP certification is an added advantage.
- 4+ years working experience with commercial PV system design, permitting, construction, commissioning and O&M.
- Experience in providing technical support energy-related projects with accountability for project performance and design
- Strong knowledge of photovoltaic system design and optimizing system components for energy production.
- Strong knowledge of electrical and structural design components and manufacturers. Experience in value engineering of photovoltaic or other constructions projects.
- Good working knowledge of standard utility process for interconnection approval and design requirements.
- Strong AutoCAD skills (2010-2012 software for 2D architectural and electrical plans) and knowledge, able to fully CAD and produce drawings for projects.
- Strong communication, presentation, and project management skills Working knowledge of energy modeling,
- PV specific modeling, standard electrical calculations, basic structural & mechanical calculation Experience with medium voltage power electronics.