Posted on :
23 Apr, 2019
23 Apr, 2019
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a joint venture between Asanko Gold Inc. and Gold Fields. The primary asset is the multi-pit Asanko Gold Mine complex, located in the Ashanti region of Ghana. Asanko Gold Inc. are the managers and operators of the Asanko Gold Mine.
AGGL is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to fill the role below. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities. This is a position with a competitive work roster and attractive remuneration package.
Position: SENIOR RESOURCE GEOLOGIST
• Development, maintaining and updating of the mine’s grade control models;
• Use Datamine, Leapfrog, Deswik modelling and geostatistical software (as required) to complete regular geological and grade wireframe and block models;
• Provide reconciliation, dilution estimates and grade forecasting;
• Make recommendations for additional drilling or geological interpretation to ensure ore body Grade
Control estimates meet industrial standards;
• Participation in awareness of local geology and controls influencing modelling. Advise mining operation, Grade Control and Geotech staff on modelling related issues;
• Train and mentor young mine production staff in grade control, 3D data analysis, geological modeling,
resource modeling, reconciliation programs and practices;
• Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by supervisor;
Qualification Required & Experience
• B.Sc. in Geology or Earth Sciences is the minimum requirement from a recognized tertiary institution.
• Minimum of 7 years in practicing including at least 5 years in resource modeling;
• Strong 3-dimensional interpretation and geostatistical modeling skills, in particular, the 3D modeling and grade interpolation.
• Experience in block modeling and resource estimation methods practices preferred.
• Exposure to database management and QA/QC.
• Working experience of Datamine resource modeling software and knowledge of AutoCAD/Leapfrog and Deswik
• Must have Dynamic knowledge and understanding of working in a gold mining environment;
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, database management;
• Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this role.
• Able to work independently, organize work, under pressure and in a timely manner.
• Medically fit for the position and environment;
• Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.