Asanko Gold Ghana Limited Ghana Ltd. (“AGGL”) is a fully-owned subsidiary of Asanko Gold Inc., a company which has built the Asanko Gold Mine, Ghana’s newest gold mine. The vision of Asanko is to become a midtier gold mining company that maximizes value for all stakeholders. AGGL is seeking to employ a suitable qualified person to fill the role below. This is a permanent position with a competitive work roster. Remuneration package includes attractive salary and performance based incentive payments. This is a challenging and professionally rewarding opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to demonstrate his/her abilities
Job Title: Unit Manager Process Maintenance
Reporting to the Manager Processing, the incumbent will perform the following key responsibilities;
- Directs, maintains and enforces the safety program for process maintenance; reviews safety policies and procedures to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance personnel;
- Communicates and interact directly with the process plant operational personnel and Services Departments to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all process areas;
- Manages and controls the engineering personnel to implement effective maintenance and repair work practice in all process areas;
- Develops,implements and monitors short and long term plans, goals and objectives and focus on achieving the department’s objectives;
- Ensures that maintenance technicians are adequately trained, equipped and motivated to ensure achievement of maintenance programs in a safe, timely and cost effective manner;
- Reviews operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Initiates and carries out projects that improves efficiency and/or reduce operating costs;
- Ensures Minerals Commission and Machinery Inspection regulations relating to engineering maintenance are met at all times;
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution;
- Minimum of Engineering Superintendent Certificate of Competency issued by Minerals Commission of Ghana;
- 5-8 years experience in process maintenance in a large gold mine;
- Initiates project that improves plant efficiency or reduce operating cost;
- Problem solving and decision making skills;
- Ability to apply knowledge of standards,methods and procedures to work situation;
- Dynamic knowledge and understanding of process engineering practices;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word,Excel,database management;
- Medically fit for the position and environment;
- Valid Ghanaian Driver’s license.
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioral characteristics, organisational fit,capability to work with the relevant complexity of work and ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
- When applying,please follow the guidelines below to maximise the success of your application:
- Include an introductory paragraph in your covering letter explaining why you believe you are suited to the role you are applying for
- Limit your CV to 4 pages
- Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
- List your most recent positions first
- Include copies of relevant,original certificates and academic records
- Please ensure you email [email protected] when applying for a job.
- Please put the job title you are applying for in the email subject line.
How to Apply
Applications,together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications,should be submitted by the deadline date to:
HR & Administration,
Asanko Gold Ghana Limited
No.4,Sir ArkuKorsah Road,
Airport Residential Area,
P.O.Box CT 6153,
Or email:[email protected]
CLOSING DATE:14th February, 2017.
Please note:only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.