Liaison with concerned stakeholders to ensure that all possible legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken, obtaining clearance from authorities before purchase the land, any contracts or starting the project. Handling all legal matters relating to contracts, agreement, deeds, land acquisition, statutory clearances and papers related to long term leasing, renting etc., oversee all the litigation.
Job Title: Legal & Contracts Manager
- The primary responsibility of this job profile is to safeguard the interest of the organization through legal means. Provide legal assistance to functional / department head and leadership in developing the agreement, communications and policies.
- Fully responsible for carrying out duties such as preparing contracts, examining, assessing, and reducing risks; overseeing and handling negotiations, communicating contract terms when required, and monitoring or supervising payments.
- The position will also have close working relationship with the Executive Management in order to ensure protection of ATSL interests across finance, commercial, operations and technical matters.
Bachelor’s Degree in Law or Master of Laws or L.L.M. The candidate must have been called to the Ghanaian bar.
- Requires at least 10 to 15 years of experience as a contract manager, paralegal, or similar role at a law firm or in-house legal department is required.
- Must have approximately 5 years of direct supervisory and managerial experience.
- Prior experience from preferably the terminal or shipping industry or alternatively related industry within transport or supply chain management.
- Detailed understanding of the various links between other functional areas.
- A broad and international experience and a proven track record.
- Ability to work with confidence both locally and globally.
- Must have extensive knowledge of terminal operations practices and principles.
- Must have a working knowledge of managerial and leadership principles, with the ability to influence other management team members and lead a department of technically proficient individuals.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of the systems support for the terminal, including software applications, equipment, and workflow.
- Must have extensive knowledge of safety, health and environmental issues as they affect the workplace, including local regulations, national requirements, and governmental agency requirements. Must be familiar with maritime codes.
- Must have working knowledge of labor law, company policies and procedures, and general work rules and standard operating procedures for the terminal.
- Must have working knowledge of budget preparation and financial applications. This includes an understanding of basic accounting, statistics, problem solving, goal setting, and business applications.
- Ability to negotiate and build relationships on all levels.
- Targeted, energetic and able to motivate other people.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across the organization.
- Trustworthy, ambitious and able to work highly independently and in teams.
- Must have demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires excellent managerial skills, including planning, organizing, and directing work.
- Requires good verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Requires excellent analytical skills, including the ability to extract and analyze data.
- Requires to excel at multi-tasking and has excellent project management, time management, and organization skills, due to fast-moving, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to make effective presentations.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and good judgment, with an ability to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.