Posted on :
15 Jun, 2017
15 Jun, 2017
Since 1963, ACDI/vOCA has empowered people in 145 developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a non profit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The multi-year Ghana Poultry Program (GPP) has been awarded to ACDI/VOCA by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) with a goal to increase the competitiveness of domestic production and processing of poultry meat and eggs. GPP’s strategy is focused on catalyzing efficiencies at key stages of the poultry value chain.
JOB TITLE: Commercial Development Team Leader
We are currently seeking Commercial Development Team Leader to be based in Accra.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Facilitate development of SMEs and business models that demonstrate how to improve commercialization in the poultry value chain
• Identifying constraints with financial institutions and poultry SMEs towards poultry sector lending/ financing and business services, and facilitate activities to overcome the constraints
• Lead efforts that facilitate development of organizations through innovative business solutions for poultry production-processing and service provider firms that will enhance their own, and the industry’s, competitiveness, including:
• Lead efforts that facilitate access to affordable financing solutions for poultry production-processing and service provider firms that will enhance their own, and the industry’s competitiveness.
• Lead efforts that facilitate development of organizations through innovative business solutions for poultry production-processing and service provider firms that will enhance their own, and the industry’s, competitiveness.
• Oversee Partnership and Policy Specialists to identify gaps, and work towards a more favorable operational environment in which poultry sector organizations can be competitive.
• Manage a team of Enterprise Development and Financial Services Specialists
• Oversee the implementation of the grants after approval to support innovative investments for targeted businesses essentially by buying down the risks associated with investing in innovative integrated business models.
• Assume new tasks that result from the evolving nature of GPP’s business development program, and as requested by the GPP Chief of Party (COP); represent ACDI/VOCA effectively to other organizations, and assume interim COP responsibilities when the Chief of Party is unavailable.
Qualifications Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in agricultural economics, business development, business management/ finance or related field from a recognized university.
• Minimum of ten years of experience working in agricultural and/or business investment projects (preferably in the poultry sector)
• Minimum of five years of experience in a senior, private sector management position, preferably providing support for agribusiness development/investment in Ghana or other African countries.
• Minimum of five years of experience in working with SME development, preferably with agribusinesses.
• Experience working in projects/programs funded by donors and government desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to innovate, motivate and develop solutions to grow agribusinesses and related service markets, and promote access to finance and investment services.
• In depth knowledge of the Ghanaian business sector, and issues impacting sustainable development of SMEs in the agricultural sector in general, and the poultry sector in particular.
• Ability to understand, interpret, and apply relevant government regulations and policies.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Proven ability to successfully manage a team of diverse individuals, strong mentoring and teambuilding skills.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested individuals should submit a signed cover letter and CV to:
Note: When submitting your application, start the subject line with the position title.
Closing Date: 21 June, 2017