Posted on :
14 Jun, 2017
14 Jun, 2017
Solidaridad West Africa is a not-for-profit organization that supports the sustainable development of farmers and production systems in West Africa, through the enhancement of value chains of fresh and processed agricultural commodities and other non-agricultural commodities.
Our activities in West Africa are focused on fresh fruits, oil palm, gold, cotton, maize, soy and cocoa. As the Regional Expertise Center (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, we are part of a growing global movement advocating and supporting sustainable and responsible production and trade.
As the Regional Expertise Center (REC) within Solidaridad’s international network, SWA focuses on stimulating sustainable supply chains through innovations in good practices, robust infrastructure, sustainable landscapes management and enabling policy environment.
Solidaridad trains producers in best practices to produce more with less. We provide capacity building to producer organizations and enable them to access knowledge, inputs, finance and markets. We develop and promote the integration of good economic, social and environmental management into standard business and production practices.
Solidaridad West Africa’s regional office is based in Accra, Ghana. SWA currently have program activities and operations in Ghana, Cote D’Ivoire, Nigeria, Liberia and Sierra Leone. SWA seeks to recruit highly qualified and motivated persons for the following positions for their operations in Ghana and within the West Africa sub-region.
Job Title: Learning, Impact and Innovation Specialist
• This position will play a lead role in ensuring impact and outcome measurements, innovation and knowledge documentation and the transfer of innovations through new program development and dissemination for scaling up. The role would translate impacts and innovations into the development and execution of projects/programmes in the organization. This would further involve evaluating performance, cost effectiveness of projects/programmes and efficiency of innovations by ensuring that information and data collected are analysed and used to improve performance. The specialist will take lead in organizing all donor reports on projects and programmes while working closely with communications team and the regional director for West Africa. He/she would be part of the Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation team in the organization.
• Develop the multi-annual plan for programme monitoring & evaluation (PME) that includes the development of key performance indicators, procedures and systems
• Guide the overall PME strategy formulation and implementation and related activities
• Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems, and lead the development of improved systems, processes and tools for tracking programmatic performance against indicators,
• Develop training materials, and provide training internally and externally on Planning Monitoring and Evaluation and Quality Management Systems to build the capacity of regional staff and partners,
• Support the development of programme proposals by providing guidance on donor requirements and staying on top of various Calls for Proposal through constant scan of opportunities,
• Lead organizational learning and knowledge sharing through case building of innovative ideas, documenting successes/failures and building them into the design of new approaches and new/existing program design,
• Support Country Representatives with SWA’ operational countries in reviewing donor reports to ensure the submission of high quality reports (includes M&E/Impacts) that clearly articulate results and outcomes,
• Support on-going monitoring and measurement of programmatic performance through analysis of existing programmes’ data and information,
• Support periodic conduct of assessment of the capacity in the field of PME, and facilitate improvement for higher performance.
• Any other official roles assigned by the Regional Director.
Qualifications Required & Experience
• A Master Degree either Agricultural Economic, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics and Development Planning
• A minimum of seven (7) years of a demonstrated track record in econometric modelling and analysis, statistical analysis, impact assessment, evaluation of innovations and impacts of mainly the agricultural sector interventions,
• Demonstrable experience in the innovations assessments and learning documentation in various local and international development projects/programmes.
• Excellent writing skills financial and analytical skills,
• Excellent written and spoken English language.
How to Apply For the Job
Please send a one-page motivation letter (addressed to the Regional Director, Solidaridad West Africa) and a resume in English to
[email protected] and indicate the position you are applying for in the subject header.
Closing Date: 30 June, 2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.