Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE: BHGE) is the world’s first and only full stream provider of integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at a lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company leverages minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how, and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Job Title: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in Ghana. The successful candidate will be responsible for Quality activities on all project matters within their respective Project/Centre of Excellence (COE) and has an operational reporting line to the Project Manager/Project Quality Manager
- Ensure effective and consistent application of Quality processes across the project & organization in support of project execution
- Participates in Design Verification Reviews as required by engineering
- Supports and facilitates 1st and 2nd stage cross-functional Criticality Risk Assessment reviews for the assignment of equipment criticality ratings covering the scope of the contract
- Supports standardization and promotes the use of BHGE standard vendor ITP & MRB templates and gains appropriate client approvals
- Creates quality plans based on the standard template incorporating additional customer quality and technical regulation requirements
- Prepare and present required quality performance reporting to Project team, internal leadership and customers
- Take ownership of project-related issues. Support & drive action owners for fast & effective resolution (NCR, CIR, Audit finding, NCR/RCA)
- Supports non-conformance management process, Reviews NCR in a project context to assess if customer concession, deviation or waiver is required. Completes, submits and manages the approval process for concessions, deviations or waivers to the customer in compliance with contract and QMS requirements
- Audit & verification plan, performing and follow-up of findings
- Validate Notification of Inspections acting as an interface between client, vendor, and IMT as required
- Continually strive to improve & simplify the existing process. Develop Customer relationship by regular discussions with the client
- Support projects lessons learned efforts to ensure project learning communicated across the business
- Participate in project closeout activities by facilitating closure of all project quality actions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Quality). Appropriate level qualification in Engineering or Quality Management, or equivalent experience
- Quality Auditor training & relevant qualification
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in Country of posting
- Oil & Gas Industry Sub-sea experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Substantial experience in a Project Quality environment
- Experience in a client-facing, project environment (Customer management experience record)
- Quality audit training & experience
- Continuous improvement driver/change agent
- Strong organizational & communication skills
- Ability to travel where required
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- General product knowledge
- Self-Motivated, good team ethos with ability to prioritise work and lead action until closure
- Understanding and experience of the problem-solving methodology
Tokaradi, Ghana, Sub Sahara Africa
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more