Barclays Africa Group Limited (JSE: BGA), formerly ABSA Group Limited originally Amalgamated Banks of South Africa, is a South African subsidiary of Barclays Bank Plc; it is a financial services provider, offering personal and business banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, wealth and investment management as well as bank assurance. ABSA Bank Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of Barclays Africa Group.
Job Title: Monitoring Testing Officer
To support with the monitoring of the regulatory requirement/policies/processes in line with the monitoring standards/methodology within the business to ensure regulatory compliance throughout the business. Ensuring that the compliance function delivers on all financial crime deliverables required, as well as the implementation, alignment and embedding of the compliance training requirements in the business.
- Intellectual and analytical skills of a high order. He/she is likely to be a graduate and / or have a professional qualification.
- The strength of character, credibility and personal presence and the communication skills to operate confidently and effectively at senior levels both internally and externally.
- The flexibility to appreciate the commercial objectives of the business, coupled with an ability to challenge, independently and constructively, senior management, peers or other staff where appropriate, to insist upon adherence to the highest standards of business practice and to the requirements of relevant authorities. Tact and sensitivity as well as strength and authority are important.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times.
- Ability to consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe, compliant and controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with senior internal and external audiences – to educate, persuade, negotiate, gain decisions, enforce.r
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Deliver excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Experience in compliance (at least 2 years), preferably with an international exposure.
- He/she must be a graduate and / or have an equivalent/higher professional qualification.
- Basic understanding of regulatory monitoring and testing.
- Wide-ranging compliance experience in a financial services environment
- Basic understanding of the various functions, products and services..
- Experience in policy setting and rollout